Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Inertia Drive

Started by currenthopper, December 24, 2008, 01:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Quote from: currenthopper on January 07, 2009, 05:21:31 PM
I ask this of everyone.
Has anyone ever passed these tests (pendulum, etc.) and proved it without there being any doubt

C.

No.
Some claim to have leapt one or another of the hurdles: linear air tracks, canoes, air tables, carefully tuned pendulums like the Sargoytchev ion thruster in the above video, spring scales, postal scales, pan balances, etc.
But no device passes all tests expected of an inertial or reactionless drive, therefore they are not really passing their individual tests either, just tricking them with mechanical resonances and odd thrust vectors.
Newton still describes our macroscopic, slow, low-gravity world to a T, and hasn't been repealed yet.

currenthopper

Thank you for answering all my questions. I have but one more, if such a device could be created and passed all tests without there being any doubt as to it's reality. What then would be the monetary value of said device. As in, how and where could it be used. Assuming it was patented, licensed for use and created for mass distribution.

Once again, thank you.

C

TinselKoala

Such a device would be incredibly useful and significant. It would be the first known violation of the Principle of Conservation of Momentum, for one thing.
It would open up the possibility for development of reactionless power tools for use in free-fall; it would mean that one only needed a power supply, not reaction mass, for space drive thrusters; and it would be the basis for any number of "free energy" machines: since, if you can violate CofM, you can make a perpetual turner, that could be harnessed to output energy for other uses.
Monetary value?
How about saving the world from the tyranny of oil--what's that worth in Zimbabwean dollars?

FredWalter

Quote from: TinselKoala on January 14, 2009, 03:39:06 PM
it would be the basis for any number of "free energy" machines: since, if you can violate CofM, you can make a perpetual turner, that could be harnessed to output energy for other uses

I disagree that an inertial thruster would be the basis of any 'free energy' machines.

The law of conservation of (angular) momentum would need to be extended to take into account converting from angular momentum into linear thrust.

Consider E=mc^2 -> under normal circumstances mass is conserved and remains as mass -  however under special circumstances you can convert mass into energy.

TinselKoala

Quote from: FredWalter on January 16, 2009, 10:33:03 AM
I disagree that an inertial thruster would be the basis of any 'free energy' machines.

The law of conservation of (angular) momentum would need to be extended to take into account converting from angular momentum into linear thrust.

Consider E=mc^2 -> under normal circumstances mass is conserved and remains as mass -  however under special circumstances you can convert mass into energy.

It would, and this has actually been proven mathematically.
Consider, simply, a thruster that did not eject reaction mass. Mount two of them on the periphery of the disk. Turn it on, stand back.

And Cof M needs no modifications. Angular momentum is defined as the vector cross product of a system or particle's position vector and its linear momentum. If linear momentum is conserved, so is angular momentum. Thrust is a force, that is an acceleration, which is a vector, times a mass.