Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

My entrance into the $1M Randi challenge

Started by PaulLowrance, December 30, 2008, 04:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulLowrance

Someone had a great idea. Enter my diode array in the Randi $1M challenge.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone has info on this guy Randi and his challenge?  Is he a shady character? A lot of questions. For example, is the $1M paid out all at once, or is it paid out on a monthly basis?

So Randi comes out to see the device. It produces a DC voltage across the load, thus being a perpetual motion machine of the 2nd kind, violating the 2nd law of thermodynamics. So then what?  Does Randi take my device away from me, and who knows what he'll do?  As I have stated for a long time, I'm willing spend the time to let scientists analyze my device *while I am present.*  I don't trust anyone. If they think I'm holding some transmitter, then fine, give me some high power binoculars and have me stand a mile away, so long as I can always see what they're doing to the diode array.

Thanks for any insight and info.

PL

PaulLowrance

Where would the perpetual motion machine application be located? I see one application, but it says nothing about perpetual motion. It only mentions "psychic, supernatural or paranormal ability."

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge/challenge-application.html

PL

MrMag

I think you got the wrong Randi. James Randi is willing to give $1M to anyone who can prove that they have psychic or paranormal abilities. He is into proving them as fakes.
Unless your diode array works due to your psychic abilities, don't bother.

I think you are looking for something else.

Try Richard Branson of Virgin. He has a couple of things on the go. He is willing to give $25Mil. to anyone who can come up with something to remove the greenhouse gases. He also has a Virgin Green Fund that is used to invest into green companies. You tie up with him and you'll have it made.

PaulLowrance

Thanks for the reply, but I was told by someone at this forum to enter my diode array into the challenge, and was given this address -->

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge/challenge-blog-mainmenu-97/158-the-perpetual-motion-parade.html

PL

PaulLowrance

Here's the email I am sending to the Randi organization -->

+++++++++++
Dear Randi organization,

I would like to enter my diode array into the $1M Randi challenge, but I have questions, if you don't mind. Perhaps they're answered somewhere on your site, but I was unable to find them.

A quick introduction to my device. I have soldered 156 diodes in-series, and then placed a Mylar capacitor across that (the entire diode array). That is it. The diode array is contained in sufficient metal shielding. Also, as advised by scientists, the diode array is presently contained in a mineral oil bath. Mineral oil is the standard/common type of oil used for temperature sensitive testing. The oil bath eliminates all measurable effects that small temperature gradients may have on the diode array. The diode array, for example, produces a measurable DC voltage, depending on the room temperature, the resistance load across the diode array. I have been logging the diode array DC voltage over the past few months. Last night the measured DC voltage was 23.9uV (0.0239mV) DC across a 2M ohm load. That is not going to power anything, but it proves the concept. Please make no mistake that measuring 23.9uV DC across a 2M ohm load is not a difficult task, a task that any competent EE (Electrical Engineer) could easily handle. So, that's not much power, but it still violates the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics nonetheless!  Furthermore, the mathematics shows that a diode array made of microscopic diodes could produce thousands of watts per cubic meter. That is continuous non-stop power, day and night, 365 days per year. This technology is well worth investigating.

I am certain Randi and his organization would be more than happy to pay the $1M challenge money to a legitimate science researcher. It is my intent to use the money to further my diode array research, to build a diode array *chip* that would produce usable amounts of power; e.g., provide all of the electrical power needs for a home.

Some questions:

1. Where is the application for the perpetual motion machines? I saw one application, and it was concerning "psychic, supernatural or paranormal claims."

2. There are three kinds/classifications of perpetual motion machines. My diode array is considered a perpetual motion of the 2nd kind. Every scientist I've asked said my diode array would violate the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Please advice if my diode array qualifies for the one million dollar Randi challenge. The first and second kind of perpetual motion machines violate the Laws of Thermodynamics. For details on the three kinds of perpetual motion machines, please read -->
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion_machine#Classification

3. What is the *entire* process?  Lets presume that Randi comes here and sees the diode array producing a DC voltage across a load. Then what happens?

4. At some point am I *required* to give or loan you my diode array? I am willing to let scientists analyze the device as long as they want so long as I am present. If they believe I have some hidden transmitter, then they can hand me some binoculars so I can watch far away. I am willing to travel to any safe location so long as I can afford it, or if I am paid for travel, room, and board.

5. Presuming that I win the challenge, I would need to know the maximum time it would take from the point where Randi sees the device to when I would actually receive the one million dollars. My main concern is that it would require years of having the device validated, and require a lot of my time before actually receiving the one million dollars.

6. Is the one million dollars paid out all at once, or is it paid on a monthly basis, or what?
+++++++++++