Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulse charging capacitors

Started by turniton, January 07, 2009, 12:39:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Yup, that's it.

Nearly killed myself yesterday, too. I was packing up to go to work, and I grabbed that brown dual cap stack, and just as my fingers closed on it I realized I hadn't put on the safety short the previous night, and I had been operating the VDG while having coffee...ZAP! Only a small charge but it got me good, I can still feel it in my hand tonight. I've been around this stuff for so long that I simply cannot touch stuff with both hands--my reflexes are that conditioned. And lately I've been noticing that I hesitate even with just one hand.
If I had grabbed that stack with both hands I'd probably bring on a heart attack.

Please, be careful with big HV capacitors. They can suck up charge when you aren't looking, so it's good practice to keep them shorted with a jumper when not in use. And for goodness sake, keep one hand in your pocket!

turniton

OCH!!! well, you got your internal battery's charged!
seriously, i have been there many a time and it hurts each time, hope your feeling better! i'm an old technician and each time it still stings... i learned to put a high megohm resistor across my caps ;D

i'm watching your neat videos on that site...very cool.

I started thinking again...

Charge separation in a parallel-plate capacitor causes an internal electric field. A dielectric (orange) reduces the field and increases the capacitance.

A capacitor converts charge to electric field and stores it as an electric field.

large conductors = large surface area, least resistance to surface charge or put another way, the larger the surface area, the less resistance to incoming charge and storage.

all charge is on the surface area, not inside the conductor. and creating field from charge on the surface of that conductor.

Your opinions

broli

Looks like death is near you TK. You better watch out. Tomorrow I'll take some time watching some of the disruptice discharge experiments of yours.

turniton

every multi-conductor geometry has capacitance.

turniton