Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Water circulation without an electric pump.

Started by Bulbz, January 09, 2009, 07:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulbz

I just needed to know... in the attached image, if I was to keep the chamber (or plastic drain pipe) heated by the Sun or by some other means, and kept the bottom chamber(the one that's immersed in the consumer water tank)... Would it make the working fluid circulate, without the use of an electric pump ?.
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.

fritznien

i don't think it will do anything. however i have seen a heat driven pump on a solar collector.  a trip to a solar energy store is in order. you might want to rethink the plastic pipe, stagnation temps can be nasty.

Bulbz

It's just a concept for the time being, although I do think I may need to re-think the entry and exit positions of the hoses.
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.

Yucca

Hi Bulbz,

Your design will work with a few tweaks, you need to raise the storage tank over the collector to take advantage of the natural convection flow:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermosiphon

The only downside to these designs is when roofmounting you don´t want to much weight on some types of wooden roof joists so a tank on such a roof must be kept quite small.

Bulbz

Thanks for that wave of encouragement Yucca  ;)...

BTW, does anybody know what makes this tick ? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uK3XYJLQsZ4
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.