Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

An other buoyancy based idea

Started by Gravitator, January 11, 2009, 05:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffc

Quote from: brian334 on January 11, 2009, 01:45:13 PM
How do you keep the light liquid separate from the heavy liquid?
Each time the ball went thru the light liquid it would get coated with light liquid, it would than move thru the heavy liquid mixing the two.
Also you need to come up with some kind of valve a ball can go thru with out leaking.

There will be some mixing, but liquids will separate on their own back to natural state based on density.  It is helpful if the difference in density is greater so that the separation happens quickly.

Bulbz

The only solution I can find for this at the moment, is this.

Basically... Use a super strong doughnut magnet, to distort the fluid level.

Best regards.
Steve Ancell.

hansvonlieven

Now that is quite an interesting idea. Well done Bulbz. Something like this might even work. Question is how stable are ferrofluids?

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

Bulbz

Quote from: hansvonlieven on January 12, 2009, 01:15:56 PM
Now that is quite an interesting idea. Well done Bulbz. Something like this might even work. Question is how stable are ferrofluids?

Hans von Lieven

Perhaps a few more magnets, placed clockwise after the position of the magnet that I already illustrated. I not sure that it will be expensive though, magnets and Ferro Fluid can be a bit on the pricey side.

Glad you like the idea Hans, thankyou for finding the time to view it  8)

Cheers.
Steve.
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.

mondrasek

Bulbz,

I agree, very interesting solution!

I once played with a ferrofluid demo toy.  It was two dispensing syringes attached at the end where the needle could be.  So the plungers were at each end.  The center area between the two plungers was filled with ferrofluid.  So when you pushed in on one plunger the other would push out.  The demo part was a small magnet that you could place on the center junction of the syringes.  With this magnet in place it was impossible to push either plunger.  The explanation was that the magnetic field caused the ferrofluid to act as a solid.

If the above it true, the ferrofluid near the magnet would become "solidified" and would not allow the balls to move through.  Can anyone confirm or refute this concern?

M.