Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A degree of AC on you LED?

Started by jadaro2600, January 12, 2009, 11:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Hi Bill
Yes, often the subjective values are all that we are really interested in. If it "looks brighter" and we are interested in the illumination, that's all we really need.

I was only balking at the statement that "there isn't that much juice in the battery" which sort of sounds like an "overunity" claim...and I don't believe the Joule thief is OU.

Thanks for not freaking out at a little criticism. You know, I hope, that I mean well...

--TK

jadaro2600

Thankyou all for your replies..

I've looked into the youtube video ..perhaps we're thinking along the same lines; or maybe not.  the jtc looks a bit strange, but i'm a newbie.

I'm attempting to create an equivalent brightness using AC as would be with DC but using less over all power.

Intrinsically, generating AC will have it's drawbacks, or losses involved. etc.  I've read that a diode will act as a capacitor given a reversal of normal current flow, but in reversal situations there is heat dissipated.  Heat = loss of usable electricity.

I was thinking about half the current would due if a LED could be set into a resonant mode.  The circumstances being right ..a resonant LED wouldn't overheat and the eyes would smooth out the frequency... and hopefully not cause seizures.

Given the right forward current and perhaps a reverse current less than that of the forward current and the LED could be brought to resonance.

TK - indeed, 30ma is enough to blind someone using the right kind of LED; i think 20ma is sufficient - especially for green LEDs.

..I would try not to mention the JT circuit over the phone, just say the name out loud and you sound like a criminal.  "Yea, i've been working on the JTC".  Word of warning. LOL  is this one of those slammers, where they fly in with the helicopters?

TinselKoala

Try dipping the LED, while lit, into Liquid Nitrogen. It will get MUCH brighter for the same current.

Pirate88179

TinselKoala:

Really?  Would we see any visual improvement using less severe cooling methods like ice?  Or, having the leds outside on a night like tonight? (It is 20 degrees F here and will be -2 the next night)  Is this related to superconductivity in any way?

Sorry for all of the rapid questions but, I have never heard that about leds and I am fascinated by this.  Thank you.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

jadaro2600

Quote from: TinselKoala on January 13, 2009, 10:54:37 PM
Try dipping the LED, while lit, into Liquid Nitrogen. It will get MUCH brighter for the same current.

Cold temperatures usually cause electrical oddities.

I think what I need is a capacitive tank circuit - an inclusion in the circuit from the AC source.