Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

WM2D Programme bug or new phenomenon?

Started by hansvonlieven, January 14, 2009, 06:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truth

:)

I have a question about all of this computer modeling. Maybe it can help with visualizing a concept, but I am questioning the ability of a mathematical model to display a new or previously unknown property in a simulation.

A model must be programmed with KNOWN parameters. If a device has introduced a property that the programmer did not anticipate how can the model display the result of that property?

I am just a know nothing newbie, but I have to ask about the value of playing computer games instead of utilizing actual physical experiments.Could this time consuming activity actually be an impediment to new discoveries?

Are ALL of the properties of gravity known? If not, then how efficient can a model be in seeking unknown properties?

Not wanting to discourage anyone, but it would be unethical not to share this concern with others that are using modeling.

:-\

Too many questions, and not enough answers!

hansvonlieven

Quote from: truth on January 17, 2009, 10:23:59 AM
:)

I have a question about all of this computer modeling. Maybe it can help with visualizing a concept, but I am questioning the ability of a mathematical model to display a new or previously unknown property in a simulation.

You are absolutely right, of course. Nevertheless, it is interesting that within the same constraints two different results occur. I am just curious what is causing this. There are a number of bugs in WM2D and this is most likely one of them. However, only an experiment will tell for sure and it might just be worth doing.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

hansvonlieven

@ mindsweeper,

You are thinking of the Milkovic device. This is actually something that cropped up when I investigated this particular thing. I simulated a number of variations along the idea of secondary oscillations. Have a look at the simulations below.

Hans von Lieven

mindsweeper

Hello Hans,

When I saw the Milkovic machine I thought it would not be long before someone managed to find the answer. I made simulations at the time and posited here with questions in relation but had very little interest. What I found daunting was the mathematics involved with the moving masses and wanted help.

As time passed I made many more simulations, I was so so sure there was something still hidden within the Milkovic device, after all he could hardly explain what he'd found. I made what little study I could and found myself drawn back to the CF side of things, then onto the law of falling bodies and how that could be applied. I'm now of the thinking that there is untapped potential in the unbalanced pendulum.

Hans, you are familiar with Bessler I'm sure, would it be possible to send you a simulation for evaluation? I'd rather not post for all to see.

sweep.

EDIT: Cant even get a name correct..

hansvonlieven