Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The God haters

Started by TechStuf, January 15, 2009, 11:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

utilitarian

Here is something for all you Jesus worshipers.  A church in Brazil had a roof failure shortly after service on Sunday, killing 7, injuring 57 others.  I would love to hear God's plan for this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/19/world/americas/19brazil.html?_r=1&ref=todayspaper

exxcomm0n

@ Tech

Why would you create a creature with free will if you knew their every movement and thought throughout their life? What choices they would make and why.

That seems a little bit like a rigged game only played for the enjoyment of the game maker according to that specific religious text (bible).

I believe in "God".

I believe in Budda.

I believe in Mohammad.

I believe in Great Father.

I believe in any teaching that tells that doing good is a better past time than doing "evil".

But I don't believe that the bible is the only true religious text, or that it is the best document to convince  me in the beneficence of the christian god because if it is READ and it's words are not blindly followed because of preached interpretation, it is very contradictory as to what it's principles do, while telling us to something different.

I do believe that any good work a human chooses to undertake for the betterment of his fellow man is a good thing and that if a certain name wasn't invoked during such a work that it <edit>DOESN'T</edit> make it worthless.

Sorry about that, I was a bit rushed just before posting.
P.S. I miss the text color choices.

I think new energy technologies are things we NEED to look at to better enable us to do good works for our fellow man.

@ all

While religious posts may not be following the theme of this site, I have to applaud Stephan for his not censoring post content that doesn't exactly fit the theme of the site as it does put that responsibility upon the individual as to whether they wish to read such content or not.

Use the much bandied about "free will" we're all supposed to have. ;)

Have a "good" day.
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

Cap-Z-ro

'Quaintly stated but undeniably true'...to borrow a phrase from an old tea commercial.

Regards...

giantkiller

The Bible is not a religious text. Is a history book of the Earth. Every society existed. Every war fought. Every massacre documented. Who would have the gall to tell a Jew, Hebrew, Egyptian that they are invalid because we don't understand their thinking or history.
Go ahead. Be the first? Hilter was one of many to try to make things perfect.
You cannot speak with feelings if you are not apart of history. A bystander is just a sideline victim.

Here is apart of history that none of you will like. And you can't deny it.
Every society that has made it to comfort status with all their things, conveniences, and lack of self control has perished. Got stuff? You're going away.
OBTW. The 10 commandments were known by Plato (Who believed in God), Confuscious (Who believed in God), Budda (Who believed in God).

The inhabitants of Soddom and Gomorrah did not (believe in God). Those 2 cities were run like open prisons, lack of self control. They don't exist any more.

We are in end times and you are the plot. The Jews have remained in center stage. They are plot. Anytime favor is bestowed, jealousy arises in the not chosen. Can you say suicide bombers. Are they Jews? We are to watch and be still.

--giantkiller. Who is my name?

utilitarian

Quote from: giantkiller on January 19, 2009, 12:06:13 PM
The Bible is not a religious text. Is a history book of the Earth. Every society existed. Every war fought. Every massacre documented. Who would have the gall to tell a Jew, Hebrew, Egyptian that they are invalid because we don't understand their thinking or history.
Go ahead. Be the first? Hilter was one of many to try to make things perfect.
You cannot speak with feelings if you are not apart of history. A bystander is just a sideline victim.

Here is apart of history that none of you will like. And you can't deny it.
Every society that has made it to comfort status with all their things, conveniences, and lack of self control has perished. Got stuff? You're going away.
OBTW. The 10 commandments were known by Plato (Who believed in God), Confuscious (Who believed in God), Budda (Who believed in God).

The inhabitants of Soddom and Gomorrah did not (believe in God). Those 2 cities were run like open prisons, lack of self control. They don't exist any more.

We are in end times and you are the plot. The Jews have remained in center stage. They are plot. Anytime favor is bestowed, jealousy arises in the not chosen. Can you say suicide bombers. Are they Jews? We are to watch and be still.

--giantkiller. Who is my name?

Except that history books can be and are changed when new evidence comes to light.  Ever try to change the bible?  And while there is some evidence that supports some of the events that occurred in the bible, it is overall thin.

Also, I think it is an insult to humanity to equate not believing in God with living an immoral life, as you do with the Sodom and Gomorrah example.  Want to know what an atheist society is like?  Well, you can look at the former Soviet Union as an example, where religion was actively suppressed for 70 years and the average person did not believe in god, or if he or she did believe, the belief was limited to Deism, meaning the belief that maybe a supreme being created the universe, but day-to-day events happened without supervision or active direction from a divine being. 

I know the regime there was totalitarian, but if you examine the everyday life of the average Soviet and how they interacted with their friends and neighbors, you will see that most people tended to behave themselves and society functioned like most societies do.  There was no mass fornication (is that even wrong?), theft, murder, or whatever other crimes and moral failing you may imagine a Godless society would have.  Certainly, crime existed, but it was not out of line with less secular societies.