Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

SERIOUS QUESTION HERE

Started by PaulLowrance, February 04, 2009, 01:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitinnun

one term for this, is "intentional communities".

many intentional communities desire to be self sufficient.

i'm sure many of them could use a "local researcher".
who assesses their technological concerns.

or in my case, has a large penchant for designing, building, repairing, and improving things.

PaulLowrance

Thanks for the info. Here's a wikipedia -->

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intentional_communities

Intentional communities is probably a broad category, as each community may vary in ways by small or significant amount, but I like the idea.

There's no possible way I could ever describe my plans in a few sentences, or even an entire forum thread, but here are a few thoughts that will probably cause more questions by people than what I'm answering. Here's one pixel of the entire picture :) -->

Modern society now has a powerful tool, the computer. Why not use it for some good. Rather than appointing a few elected officials, that a lot may fall in the "elite" category, lets allow the "people/public/community" to take their places. Each person would have the "free will" to participate and vote as much as they like in community matters. A vote is not just a vote though. It depends on the persons "knowledge, experience, and track-record" on the matters at hand. The vote from a person with a lot of knowledge, experience, and track-record would have a lot points. Each person would be encouraged to freely increase their knowledge & experience in areas of interest. So if a person is interested in community architecture matters, then they can freely educate and participate in such community projects to increase their experience, both of which will increase how much their votes count in such matters.

Another two key ingredients to maintain such an open community would be the strong inner desire to help others, and like mindedness or interest. It's always difficult to maintain a community if an appreciable amount of the people are negative and selfish.

Anyhow, that's probably one pixel of the picture, and surely that's enough to cause more concerns by people.

PL