Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Peter Lindemann, The Mechanical Engine: A Re-Evolution of Bessler's Wheel

Started by hartiberlin, February 03, 2009, 11:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hansvonlieven

@ Mondrasek and anyone interested in pendulum physics.

Professor Franz-Josef Elmer, University of Basel, Switzerland has created a virtual pendulum laboratory that you can download in its entirety. It will teach all aspects of pendulum physics via a series of lectures and Java applets where you can study pendulum behaviour in a virtual reality by changing the parameters and observe the altered behaviour. I recommend this highly. You will find it here:

http://monet.physik.unibas.ch/~elmer/pendulum/index.html

Have fun with this, I know I had.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

AB Hammer

mondrasek

I have a little test for you to try, This will help you understand.

Take a weight on a string. Swing it back and forth and the drop it about 6 inches at its approximately 6:00 position. Then you will see what happens to the swing. It tends to nearly stop swinging.

When in doubt test it out.
With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan

mondrasek

@AB Hammer,

Of that I have no doubt.

I believe my difficulty is with the frame of reference.  In your example, only the pivot point was abruptly changed, downwards, thus negating the force of gravity that causes a pendulum to continue to swing (indefinitely if friction is removed).  But if both the pendulum and the pivot point were initially moving downward at any given velocity, and then the pendulum was put in motion, would it still swing?  I believe it would.  In this new case both the pendulum and pivot are moving in the same frame of reference.  But if you add *acceleration* to either, then that changes things.

In the case of Lindemann's idea, both the pendulum and the pivot are in the same frame of reference I believe.  But they are both experiencing an acceleration due to the rotation of the wheel.  I believe this is centripetal force?  And depending on where in the rotational cycle this acceleration is allowed to act it can either aid or detract from the acceleration of gravity. 

This I cannot visualize and therefore connot immediately dismiss this concept.  So I hope to see a simulation, or build and experimental data.  I fear the math is beyond me.

M.

hansvonlieven

@ Mondrasek

Look at this. The pendulum does not swing back.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

mondrasek

Thanks Hans, but unfortunately I do not have access to Working Model software.  The demo version also does not allow me to open the file.

M.