Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

WHY WON'T IT WORK!

Started by petersone, February 23, 2009, 06:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumen

Charlie,

You assume too much! Think of it like this, suppose there is no coil and the magnet attracts to the steel this is energy gained.
Now suppose there is a coil but it is not connected. This is still energy gained during the approach.

Now as the magnet leaves the iron, there is an attraction that is equal to the attraction minus some loss for the domain flipping in the iron.

However as the magnet passes the center of the iron, the iron will change polarity. If you look at the wave form of the coils output you will see when this happens. Now with a diode connected on the coils output, the only time a load is on the coil is during the flipping on the iron core polarity.

Because this happens on the back side of the coil any load only serves to keep the core from changing polarity. That means that the load only serves to reduce how far the iron can change polarity and making it easier to leave the iron core.

This is the process:
1: Magnet approaches iron core (no resistance because the diode allows no load on the coil in that direction)
2: Magnet passes coil to center of iron core where the polarity change starts and the voltage in the coil changes direction.
3: With no load on coil the iron fully changes polarity and causes  an attraction as it leaves the iron ( the same pull as when it entered the iron)
4: With load on the coil the polarity change is resisted (lenz law) and the iron does not change polarity fully allowing the magnet to leave the iron with less force that when it entered the iron.

This is true!

petersone

Hi Charlie,Lumen and all
Thanks for comments and suggestions,I tried my idea,doesn't work,I think it ends up having a N and S approaching the coil,so it's rubbish!! not enough juice to feed a fly!!!
I will try your idea Lumen,with maybe a reed switch,I don't really have enough volts for a diode.
I seem to learn a lot more by finding out why things don't work.
Thanks all
peter

Charlie_V

Haha unfortunately Peter, that's my case too.  I always learn from things that don't work - and I'll say about 90% of what I do doesn't work!

Sorry Lumen, I didn't notice you were using a diode.  I was viewing it from the point that the coil is going to resist the approach of the magnet - but the diode will stop that.  But wouldn't the coil start energizing when the magnet got past the halfway point of the coil?  And when this happens, I would think the coil is going to see a reducing north pole field.  So it would generate a south pole which will reinforce the part of the magnet's flux that enters the coil.  Although, this will also fight the other half of the magnet's flux (which is going the opposite direction through the rest of the iron - to the left as you have it drawn).  And since the left half is diminishing, I would think the coil would generate some sort of Lenz drag.  But you've done the experiment and it doesn't do this? 

Charlie_V

lumen

Charlie
I have tested only the timing of the coil output to the rotating magnet and it is like I have shown in the sketch other than some bad drawing.
The fact is, if the positive transition does not occur until the magnet it leaving the coil (center of rod), then lenz's law can only apply from this point on and it could only serve to reduce the drag.

I will do more tests after I build a more advanced test platform. With this reasoning it should be possible to build a generator that you could easily run with a motor and make more power than it takes to turn it.

I really don't see how this could be possible but it does look that way at this point.