Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Rotary Heat Expansion Motor

Started by onthecuttingedge2005, November 14, 2009, 04:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthecuttingedge2005

this system uses the same principle as a minto's wheel but was designed to be more efficient at transferring a low boiling point liquid causing the wheel to rotate by a one way flow of a liquid, liquid mercury would work best as the flow transfer medium inside the copper tubing.

the tubing would be filled to about half way.

Jerry

lumen

I think this would be a lot safer if it just used water in low pressure.

You could reduce the pressure enough to lower the boiling point of the water to about 80 degrees Fahrenheit instead of using toxic mercury.

onthecuttingedge2005

Quote from: lumen on November 14, 2009, 09:09:01 PM
I think this would be a lot safer if it just used water in low pressure.

You could reduce the pressure enough to lower the boiling point of the water to about 80 degrees Fahrenheit instead of using toxic mercury.

Hi Lumen.

quite right, but the Mercury can deliver more torque because of it's weight & density. it flows rather well under thermal expansion. the mercury would be self contained in the unit, Mercury is quite safe if regulations and safety measurements are met.

you could use a different liquid but it won't be as efficient. Mercury is inexpensive.

Jerry ;)

onthecuttingedge2005

Since the Rotary Heat Expansion Motor uses waste heat to make it more efficient I can attach a generator to it in a pool of oil or water and return the heat generated from the generator to feed the Rotary Heat Expansion Motor, sort of recycling the wasted energy for greater efficiency.

Mercury is equivalent to 113.4 lb/gal [US].(pounds per gallon). some good torque can be gained with this liquid. using 'arrays' of the Rotary Heat Expansion Motor rims I can get some good torque output.

you can use a torque wrench and draw it up to 113.4 lb and you will see it's a good amount of force.