Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

half baked ocean depth pressure scheme

Started by timewarp, January 21, 2009, 04:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cairun

i have thougth of similar concepts.  the problem is the deeper the water the higher the water pressure and the more difficult to bring air down.
nice idea though.
keep trying

Philip Hardcastle

@timewarp,

You are a genius, but not with air, with water.

In the above ground world there are solar chimney power generation plants but the efficiencies are low unless they have very high chimneys.

With your idea modified we could put solar power down an evacuated mirrored wall tube.

Then we have a bit of ocean 5,000 meters deep and put in a big bore tube with a water turbine in the tube. The sun heats the water with a starting temp of say 4C (maximum density) which expands and rises through the tube and does work through the turbine.

Now I have not done the maths here but it seems offhand that the conversion efficiency of the solar energy could be quite high, perhaps 20% which is way better than solar chimneys on the ground (just 4% for 1,000m high). When the water get to the top excess heat could be extracted for other puposes such as greenhouses given that you would also have the ability to partially evaporate sea water and condense it as fresh water in a green house. So you could have fresh water and electricity from a simple relaible device.

Mind you the number of 5000m deep areas of water near to shore is probably limited but it could lead to a floating island with water, power and food. Ocean front land would sell for at least a million a block!

What is interesting is that ideas lead to ideas.

Regards

Phil