Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Water forms floating bridge in electric field

Started by zerotensor, March 11, 2009, 05:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hansvonlieven

G'day all,

Water is a complex thing that is not completely understood by science. For a primer in water and its structure have a look at this Url on my website. There I tackle some of the problems confronting us with water.

http://keelytech.com/wasser.html

I hope it helps someone.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

BEP

Quote from: ramset on March 13, 2009, 12:15:09 AM
wELL FOR SURE THE NUCLEAR PHYSICISTS ARE STRUGGLING WITH This

::)

Maybe its time for astrophysics to take a look at it. After all, its been a year.  ;D The nuclear folks tend to have problems beyond a few fs.

What bothers me is we've seen things very similar before. I recall a highschool science project that touched on this. Water pump with no moving parts....
A long glass tube with periodic internal anodes. The anodes were all the same polarity but increasing in voltage. Water ran uphill. The weird part was it took a spiral path inside the tube and it moved like oil. That would have been about 1969. No award was given because the water was pure and tasteless so it had no value.

This kid wasn't a genius. He got the idea from one of those magazines like "Popular Science".

We almost destroyed the science lab with his power supply after the event. :)

Come to think of it.... He wound up in prison for murdering his wife  :o

hansvonlieven

@ BEP,

Please tell us a bit more about this experiment. I have never heard of it and I cannot find any reference to it on the net. What voltages etc. were involved, where was the cathode in this, how far apart were the anodes? Perhaps a simple sketch to show the arrangement.

Anyone else know something about this phenomenon?

I would be obliged. I would really like to try this.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

jibbguy

Fascinating, very nice find ;)

So if water can be induced to attract with HV DC charge ... Then should it be able to be "repelled" also? Could it be made to work with seawater, too would be another interesting question.

BEP

?

I was a teenager with two interests. Girls and blowing holes in the lab bench.

The idea was to pump water without moving parts. Tap water just shorted the circuit. The teacher had to order water for the experiment.

The power supply was a huge variac on 120AC. The tube was glass with holes in one side like a flute. Electrodes were brass screws ground to a point. I remember the brass screws. He almost killed himself at the grinder and decided to use a file instead. The spacing varied from one end to the other. It increased as the distance grew from the suction end. The closest were probably 1/4 and the largest gap was probably about 2 inches. The tube was between 3 and 4 feet long and mounted as a 45 deg. incline.

The variac fed caps and diodes running up the bottom side of the glass tube. He went through a lot of plastic tubing before he had the spacing right. Finally the right idea was pure water made a fairly good dielectric. It did pump water uphill.

After the fair we had sparks jumping more than 6 inches before we fried the circuit. The caps and diodes were purchased at the Hamfest.

I don't remember the polarity. We didn't have a way to measure the voltage and didn't really care.