Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electricity from the phone line.

Started by FreeEnergy, March 14, 2009, 08:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoptoad

Quote from: BEP on March 15, 2009, 12:10:08 PM
This is hilarious!
I can imagine what happens when you draw too much current (it is monitored and limited by the TELCO).

You won't be drawing any real significant power, because all telephone systems use high impedance bridging circuits at the exchange point of connection. This protects the equipment at the exchange (and/or customers PABX) from inadvertant short circuits or other conditions such as "A leg" or "B leg" to earth faults on any copper pair or pairs.

Around the world telephony systems are mainly between 600 to 1000 ohms impedance (minimum/s) for copper pair connections. At 50volts DC this limits the maximum line current to a range from 83mA to 50mA. Even the AC ringer which is superimposed on the DC  (to ring your phone) which is usually between 75 volts - 90 volts experiences this high impedance restriction.

Cheers

BEP

@hoptoad

Good information. The impedance is the key. I'm very familiar with the tech.

My local CO uses 5ESS switches. I've been in the building to see the nice battery bank used. The digital switches monitor many line parameters. A higher than normal current draw (even 10's of ma) will be logged and may trigger an automated maintenance ticket.

The power available is tiny but it is still theft.

SomedayIsle

QuoteThe power available is tiny but it is still theft.

LO....bloody L....

Like 50 bucks for a stinking local landline, laden with collusional and rapacious fees aint.

What the hell do you think the realization of free energy will be considered, if these robber baron utility hyenas will come after you for a stinking milliamp or two?

Brrrrr.....starting to feel a bit 'schilly' in here.....

hansvonlieven

@ SomedayIsle,

You are completely missing the point. It isn't about the few milliamps of stolen electricity. Telcoms are weary about any device being connected to their system that they haven't tested and approved. Incompatible devices can do great damage to the system. That is why unexpected drains on power are so closely monitored. It simply is an indicator that something is happening that shouldn't.

I don't think it is in anyone's interest to have the phone system collapse because some idiots are using phone powered Russian vibrators.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

SomedayIsle

QuoteThat is why unexpected drains on power are so closely monitored.

As well they should be....

Craaack!

Thank you 'sir' may we have another.

::)