Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

I will be building a windturbine I need your help!

Started by infringer, March 22, 2009, 10:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derricka

Michelinho's idea is a good one. While a chain and sprocket is a little mechanically less efficient then direct gearing, it should allow you to determine the best gear ratio at low cost. Once you know the ratio, you can switch to direct gears. Also remember, the torque required by the generator or alternator varies in proportion to the electrical load connected to it,  So if I was designing a wind system, I would start with the electrical requirements, and work my way back toward the alternator, and finally the blades.

Mark69

If you can find a used drill press w/i your budget, maybe a bad motor or something old, they have many different pulley sizes in the top for different gearing to control the speed of the bit.  They use belts as well so it would take less draw to spin them.  Or you can use the design style of a snowmobile, uses belts and cones, like a constant speed transmission.  This would be more expensive but is the ultimate in gearing.
Mark

Blacksmith

Infringer
   I have been around a lot of windmills and wind generators and have worked on a few with my dad when I was growing up.
Some rules of thumb: 1. Any more than three blades and they start running into old air.
                                2. Dont use blades any heavier than is structuraly necessary.

There are others but those two should be seriously pondered over.

Blacksmith

derricka

Infringer,

I noticed that your shopping list didn't include a rectifier, voltage regulator or batteries. In addition, if you want to convert the battery power to standard AC, you will also need an inverter.
While you may already have these items, I just wanted to make sure you didn't overlook them.

Paul-R