Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How to charge-desulfate lead acid batteries? Mechanical or Solid state?

Started by Kennyg, October 31, 2021, 01:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kennyg

I'm kinda new to the forum, but have been reading post for a while.

I have a large 24v battery bank that is over 10 years old now. It's starting to loose it's capacity.  I've been messing around with pulse motors for a while. I read a lot of good things, but a lot of bad also. I don't want to ruin my batteries.

Can anyone lead me in the right direction. I have a complete electronics lab. Been working on audio equipment for 40 years or so. 

Thanks, Ken

Which is the best way to charge and desulfate a lead acid battery?

bolt

Plenty of pulsing desulphating battery charger circuits around and they all claim to do something. BUT in my experience only very lightly coated batteries can be recovered slightly.  At 10 years old your batteries are due for replacement. The plates will be eaten away and there will be a huge pile of sludge sat in the bottom....and you can not fix that.

My solar bank batteries only last around 7 years but i cycle them and drive them hard taking them down around 40% most days. 

Paul-R

Try googling (or even duckduckgoing) for Alistair Couper and his desulphator curcuit. You may need to adapt for your 24v system