Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

is it possible to mimic a homopolar motor with permanentmagnets?

Started by Low-Q, March 30, 2009, 06:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broli

Last night I was looking at magnetic field setups. I simulated something like your second setup. Which gave a nice circular magnet field as if it was the field of a current carrying wire. This is very interesting to say the least, because this can be tricked to act like a piece of wire that is not part of a closed loop circuit. So your second experiment should be investigated more. But you have to think carefully when doing these experiments. The length should either be completely  be between the inner and outer diameter of the ring magnet. Or the complete setup should be outside of the ring magnet. If it's partially between ID/OD AND outside the forces would cancel out and little would happen.

Of course one should perform many controlled experiments to check these setups out. This is why I believe you are not the correct person for doing this low-q. Your skepticism will block your creativity.

The interesting part of the below simulation is that you need about 5 000 000 Amperes to get the same circular field strength that two 1 Tesla strong magnets give you.

Low-Q

Quote from: broli on April 04, 2009, 01:36:01 PM
Last night I was looking at magnetic field setups. I simulated something like your second setup. Which gave a nice circular magnet field as if it was the field of a current carrying wire. This is very interesting to say the least, because this can be tricked to act like a piece of wire that is not part of a closed loop circuit. So your second experiment should be investigated more. But you have to think carefully when doing these experiments. The length should either be completely  be between the inner and outer diameter of the ring magnet. Or the complete setup should be outside of the ring magnet. If it's partially between ID/OD AND outside the forces would cancel out and little would happen.

Of course one should perform many controlled experiments to check these setups out. This is why I believe you are not the correct person for doing this low-q. Your skepticism will block your creativity.

The interesting part of the below simulation is that you need about 5 000 000 Amperes to get the same circular field strength that two 1 Tesla strong magnets give you.
"Your skepticism will block your creativity"? That is just BS broli. I am rational, but also open minded.

Well that aside. How are the magnets in the second picture aligned? Are the blue parts north pointing towards me and the reds south pointing towards me? I ask because if I use two magnets side by side where one have north pointing UP and the other have south pointing UP, I do not get the same magnetic field as in your simulation, but more like a four-leaf clover shape magnetic field.

Vidar

broli

Yay low-q is back.

I don't exactly know what you mean by north facing you but the orientation should be obvious from the simulation.

Edit: Low-q I attached the method I knew to form the 4 leaf clover you speak of, but this is done by two repelling magnets not attracting. Also keep in mind that the circular field only arises at certain distance and not close up.

Pirate88179

For what it is worth, here is a youtube vid of a guy that claims he has created a monopole using magnetic shielding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ncViWzp-Jc&feature=email

I have no idea if this is real or not....just tossing it out there.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

broli

Quote from: Pirate88179 on April 05, 2009, 05:30:55 PM
For what it is worth, here is a youtube vid of a guy that claims he has created a monopole using magnetic shielding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ncViWzp-Jc&feature=email

I have no idea if this is real or not....just tossing it out there.

Bill

That is very real. It started with that "holy grail magnetic shielding". Yesterday I experimented with the dead battery shielding as well and noticed that alkaline batteries are heavily attracted to magnets. But in that video he says he's not using any batteries. But he should articulate better, he sounds like he's mumbling. I'm very interesting in this as you probably know with my magnetic gate thread that I have. The most important part is the shielding.

Pirate I don't understand why you mention monopole. Monopole in what sense exactly?