Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A simple experiment that to prove the potential energy is unlimited.

Started by Zhang Yalin, April 05, 2009, 11:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip Hardcastle

Hi Zhang,

I drew this diagram.

let us imagine that the water evaporates and no water gets in from the rain, then eventually the vessel becomes buoyant and does some work and then refills etc.

The point is that work is done evaporating the water.

Similarly work must be done in evaporating alcohol regardless of whether it is burnt at the top.

The action of a wick is not capable of rising a liquid so high unless that liquid is volatile.

In essence you are right, there is a mechanism to do work from the thermal energy of the water.

Your idea is a bit like the Ether bird toy that has alcohol (ethanol) inside. It tips over when the alcohol is displace by vapour pressure and the beak (covered in felt as a evaporative cooling device) tips into water and thus cools the alcohol vapour to condense back to liquid to thus restart the cycle.

Phil

Pirate88179

Quote from: Philip Hardcastle on April 18, 2009, 10:32:51 AM
Hi Zhang,

I drew this diagram.

let us imagine that the water evaporates and no water gets in from the rain, then eventually the vessel becomes buoyant and does some work and then refills etc.

The point is that work is done evaporating the water.

Similarly work must be done in evaporating alcohol regardless of whether it is burnt at the top.

The action of a wick is not capable of rising a liquid so high unless that liquid is volatile.

In essence you are right, there is a mechanism to do work from the thermal energy of the water.

Your idea is a bit like the Ether bird toy that has alcohol (ethanol) inside. It tips over when the alcohol is displace by vapour pressure and the beak (covered in felt as a evaporative cooling device) tips into water and thus cools the alcohol vapour to condense back to liquid to thus restart the cycle.

Phil

Actually, the bird has methylene chloride inside.  You can see my video here where I use this bird to pulse my supercap led Joule thief circuit.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYhNw6SuTfA

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Zhang Yalin

Yes, You're right. But what I really wanted to say is that the potential energy is unlimited whatever you can use it or not. If you have  patience to read my theory, refer to  the following article  please.

The definition of potential energy is not correct and the conservation law of mechanical energy is faultiness for the following reasons. 
Potential energy can be converted into kinetic energy, the resistance removed. Otherwise, the kinetic energy can't be changed into potential energy at all. Mechanical energy is just produced by the movement of objects according to the definition of it.
Force is the cause to change the movement of the objects by the first law of Newton. Therefore force is the real source of mechanical energy. 
The force (outside force) is limited. However, gravity is a special force which is unlimited.   
As a result, mechanical energy can be divided into two types; one is called kinetic energy (limited) the other potential energy (unlimited). 
Potential energy of objects is unlimited because it got from gravity, and it is general knowledge that gravity is eternal. 
Gravitational potential energy of objects is created by gravity. If there is no gravity, the potential energy will disappear. 
At present, the potential energy is generally agreed that it comes from the movement of objects being taken from low to high.
But people have ignored that the kinetic energy has already been consumed during the period of movement. 
The movement of objects takes place depending on the force acted on.
Without force acting on the objects maintain static.
Even with equal forces from opposite directions act on each other, they can't move as well. Gravity is just in this condition. 
The potential energy is always equal to the weight of objects no matter the objects is low or high.
Potential energy will be zero only when the gravity disappears. In the absence of resistance, the potential energy will be released to do work. 
The formula of potential energy: U = mgh, U represents work more suitable than energy. 
In a word, force is energy itself or a form of expression of energy just like the electric energy, the heat energy and so on. 
According to the following formulas: W=F·S, F=ma=1/S(E2-E1), Work or energy is made up of force while the quantity of force is measured by work or energy.
The force consumed has turned into work; unconsumed, energy.

Philip Hardcastle

Hi Zhang,

Your theory is, I think, wrong.

Firstly your claim is that potential energy is unlimited.

Clearly the mass of the Universe is not infinite therefore strictly speaking potential energy from gravity, as you put it, is also limited. However I agree it is incredibly massive.

You say force is energy, at least that is the impression you give.

Force is not energy as you point out yourself by W=f.s

Force is variable in the case of a lever and yet the energy product on one end is the same as the other, ie big force x small distance = little force x big distance.

My problem is Zhang that you may have some deep point to make but you need to rewrite it to make it clear for mere mortals like me to resonate with.

Phil

Zhang Yalin

Thank you. But my English is too poor to express my thoughts as well as Chinese.