Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

THERMODYNAMICS WILL NOT APPLY FOR A ALL MAGNET MOTOR

Started by tournamentdan, April 10, 2009, 09:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

utilitarian

Quote from: tournamentdan on May 06, 2009, 09:50:57 AM
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         NO I get his and your point which no matter how you put it is completely wrong. Stop thinking that once you use energy to make the magnet you can some how tap into it and use it. Two magnets pushing away from each other will not consume any energy from both magnets, it will only create kinetic energy once they start moving, so the potential energy is not inside the magnet once it is a magnet,but it is in the Resistance of two or more magnets pushing away from each other.

Sorry, but no.  You just have not thought it all the way through.

Look this is a pretty minor point to argue about, but the reason that a permanent magnet motor cannot work is because once you set up your magnets, that's it.  The forces are in play and are not changing, and you quickly reach equilibrium.

But imagine if you can actively drain each magnet, perhaps in an alternating fashion.  You could get motion then, as you do in an electromagnetic magnet motor.  Until of course all the magnetism is gone.

So there you go, an example of drawing energy from a permanent magnet that involves demagnetization.

tournamentdan

Quote from: utilitarian on May 06, 2009, 10:07:42 AM
Sorry, but no.  You just have not thought it all the way through.

Look this is a pretty minor point to argue about, but the reason that a permanent magnet motor cannot work is because once you set up your magnets, that's it.  The forces are in play and are not changing, and you quickly reach equilibrium.
Look I know  about the equilibrium. I feel that in order for a magnet motor to work the first thing you have to do is to make a equal amount of resistance around the magnet you are trying to move,and that may not be able to happen with out a true rotary magnet(until somebody invents it) which will probably never happen. then you have to...... think of it as a wheather pattern once you achieve an equal amount of resistance on all sides next thing is to create a high pressure on one side and a low pressure on the other. It is something I am working on and waiting for custom magnets to come in. So until then I can not go into much detail about the rest.                                                                                                                                 
I'll see your theory, and raise you mine!!!

cameron sydenham

Quote from: tournamentdan on May 06, 2009, 09:50:57 AM
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         NO I get his and your point which no matter how you put it is completely wrong. Stop thinking that once you use energy to make the magnet you can some how tap into it and use it. Two magnets pushing away from each other will not consume any energy from both magnets, it will only create kinetic energy once they start moving, so the potential energy is not inside the magnet once it is a magnet,but it is in the Resistance of two or more magnets pushing away from each other.

dont forget the energy that is required to push the magnets together. one needs to take a broad look at the entire picture. work is done by pushing the magnets together to get your magnets to push back.
energy out will always equal energy in. in some fashion, the accountability needs to be there. wether it is c.o.e, c.o.m, newton, they all need to be acounted for.
my 2 cents.

Low-Q

Quote from: tournamentdan on May 05, 2009, 06:54:19 PM
                                                                                                                               I am sorry Q but you are way off on this line of thinking. Yes you put energy into a rare earth magnet to make it, but that magnet will not consume that energy to push another mag away. It only consumes energy so it can stay a magnet, and at a very slow rate, one percent per ten years. So the potential energy is not inside the magnet but it is the resistance between two or more rare earth magnets. That is also why a magnet motor will never be labled as a perpetual motion machine because it will eventually loose it's strength a couple hundred years down the line. Which is good enough for me.
The drawback is that even if the magnetism does change, you do not change the relationship between repel or attraction force. As long these forces are relatively equal all the time at any given distance, you cannot take energy out of it. Because it will consume as much energy to escape an attracting magnet as it gained while approaching it - no matter how weak or strong the magnets are.
If the magnetic field did change mid way - only temporary, there would be more force at any given distance when approaching, than the force at the same given distances when escaping. The way an ordinary electric motor works - because the magnetic strength do change all the time at approperiate timing. You cannot do that with permanent magnets.
Any attempt with shielding will affect other magnets as well accordingly, so no change in magnetic field is taking place no matter how you design a magnet motor.

It is hard to let these magnet motor ideas let go, I know I have trouble doing it myself even with the knowledge that it will never work.

Vidar

tournamentdan

Quote from: cameron sydenham on May 06, 2009, 12:47:18 PM
dont forget the energy that is required to push the magnets together. one needs to take a broad look at the entire picture. work is done by pushing the magnets together to get your magnets to push back.
energy out will always equal energy in. in some fashion, the accountability needs to be there. wether it is c.o.e, c.o.m, newton, they all need to be acounted for.
my 2 cents.
It seems that I am the only one taking a broad look at the whole picture. I understand that there needs to be energy to push your magnets together, but that is a entirely different motor than mine. It seems that everybody has come to the same point and decided that it is impossible to go any farther. I feel that everybodys problem is part of the solution. everyone wants to think that once you achieve a equal amount of resistance on one side of a magnets pole that you should through in the towel. No there are two things you have to do to make a O-U magnet motor and that is the first. Second part is to create more resistace on one side than the other. That is not necessarily done by making some material that can shield a magnetic flux. The answers are there, but we can not be confined to the same old thinking. 
I'll see your theory, and raise you mine!!!