Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Powell's Power Pendulum

Started by 1quasar1, April 15, 2009, 06:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip Hardcastle

hi,

I am only too happy to help or advise or give input.

what is your goal?

Is it an energy device or a means of converting energy from say wave action to electricity?

phil

1quasar1

I would say my goal is not as well defined as it should be. A while back I noticed how well a baby swing moved weight and consumed very little energy. It seemed to me that there should be some way to covert this to power generation. After seeing Milkovic’s device I felt encouraged to make a working model of my idea.

Improving efficiency of what I have I suppose.

My limited education leaves me ill equipped to make valid arguments in this forum so I’m stuck with trial and error and any advice I receive. There are “to me” obvious problems without deductive capacity or a fat enough wallet to solve.

I can see from the tests that if I lessen the load, I get more travel of the lever and less cycles from the pendulum. So that tells me if I decrease friction, I will increase the power needed to drive the pendulum.  If I increase the load I loose distance. If I increase the gear ratios, gear lash and friction are greater.   
I accept your offer
Thanks
Dave

Philip Hardcastle

Hi 1quasar1,

I think you are right to find the pendulum a thought provoking device.

It does have a beautiful simplicity to it.

In weighing it is used as a near frictionless balance with a knife sitting in a v-groove.

As a means of transport it could be interesting if instead of a cable chair system we had pendulums that simply transfer loads a bit like Tarzan swinging in the jungle.

If the friction losses are very low then perhaps a number of such pendulums could convey cargo down a gentle slope with no power needed.

Since lots of communities need to transport from highlands to the coast for export there could be something worthwhile in a zero power consumption pendulum conveyor. It would also be a fantastic tourist drawcard.

What do you think?

Phil

1quasar1

Thinking hurts my head Phil, but that felt like a 2x4 hit me. ??? Looks like more trial and error.
I will try and post a video tomorrow showing some of the effects I've observed.
Thanks
Dave

Philip Hardcastle

I'II look forward to seeing that Dave.

Phil