Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulsing a Permanent Magnet on/off

Started by gravityblock, April 16, 2009, 11:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

Quote from: Low-Q on April 22, 2009, 04:37:18 AM
So you'll make temporary "permanentmagnets"?

Vidar

That's what I was thinking. It doesn't take as much energy to connect and separate two pieces of metal that have different poles of the magnet attached to each piece, than to physically flip the magnet on the metal.

The idea was to have a north pole attached to a metal piece and to have a south pole of another magnet attached to a metal piece for the stator.  When the two ends of the metal pieces are attached together, the rotor magnet will slide pass the stator with very little to no resistance.  Once the rotor magnet gets slightly pass the second half of the two attached metal pieces, then we will separate the two metal pieces to repel the the rotor.  There is still a small amount of energy required to separate the metals, but I think this small amount of energy is much less than the energy gained by the temporary permanent magnets repelling the rotor magnet.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

gravityblock

Quote from: Xaverius on April 21, 2009, 04:30:30 PM
Hi GB, you may already know this, but Butch LaFonte has made excellent strides in this area.  Worth looking into.

You are right, Butch LaFonte has been studying this technique, and I will look more into it.  This idea originated with me, when I was working on how to shield the magnetic field.  Here's a youtube video of mine that led me to this idea,  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_81SxByRNR8

"There is nothing new under the sun"
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

Golden Mean

This is exactly what I'm working on right now in building a motor to power my Dan Quale generator replication. 

It is basically a 5 inch x 1/2 inch bolt with 1/2 inch cylinder magnets channeling the North pole through the bolt towards the rotor.  I put a coil around the bolt that can be pulsed to block the flux through the bolt at specific intervals and is timed by the use of a reed switch.  I'm still having difficulties getting a mosfet transistor to work properly in my circuit.  I think I keep frying them because I can't get them to work.  Everything else has been tested and should work.  Anyone know how to test a mosfet transistor?  or have a suggestion for a different type of transistor?

I've discovered there's a "sweet spot" between the push of the magnetic fields and the attraction of the magnet to the bolt.  It takes very little energy to swing this either way.  I believe this coupled with Dan Quales generator design may make a self-running generator very probable.

Attached are a few photos of my gross testing motor assembly....

Peace,
~ Golden Mean
Be the change you wish to see in the world! ~ Paraphrase from Gandhi

gravityblock

Quote from: Golden Mean on April 22, 2009, 02:36:11 PM
This is exactly what I'm working on right now in building a motor to power my Dan Quale generator replication.

It is basically a 5 inch x 1/2 inch bolt with 1/2 inch cylinder magnets channeling the North pole through the bolt towards the rotor.  I put a coil around the bolt that can be pulsed to block the flux through the bolt at specific intervals and is timed by the use of a reed switch.  I'm still having difficulties getting a mosfet transistor to work properly in my circuit.  I think I keep frying them because I can't get them to work.  Everything else has been tested and should work.  Anyone know how to test a mosfet transistor?  or have a suggestion for a different type of transistor?

I've discovered there's a "sweet spot" between the push of the magnetic fields and the attraction of the magnet to the bolt.  It takes very little energy to swing this either way.  I believe this coupled with Dan Quales generator design may make a self-running generator very probable.

Attached are a few photos of my gross testing motor assembly....

Peace,
~ Golden Mean

Thanks for sharing.  I've also noticed the "sweet spot" you are referring to.  I will also be experimenting with the reed switches that you mentioned.  I have no idea on how to test a mosfet transistor.  Please keep us up-to-date on the progress of your motor.

gyulasun

Quote from: Golden Mean on April 22, 2009, 02:36:11 PM

I'm still having difficulties getting a mosfet transistor to work properly in my circuit.  I think I keep frying them because I can't get them to work.  Everything else has been tested and should work.  Anyone know how to test a mosfet transistor?  or have a suggestion for a different type of transistor?

Hi,

Here is a link on how to test a MOSFET with a digital multimeter,  in its separate diode test range:
http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/gadgets/mostest.htm

If you do not have a meter with a separate diode test, no problem,  you could use a simple 9V battery to switch the MOSFET on:  connect the positive pole of the battery to the gate (if you have an N-Channel FET) and the negative pole to the source, just for a few seconds while the few nanoFarad capacitor inherent across the gate source charges up. (With the meter in the diode test range you do this same by the meter's internal battery but with a reduced output of course.)

So the FET is switched on now (because you connected a higher than its treshold voltage level across its g-s) and you can measure across its drain source legs a near short circuit with the multimeter in the normal Ohms range or in its diode test range.  The resistance you see is the MOSFET static DC on resistance, normally specified in its data sheet.

Now if you discharge the g-s  capacitor, the drain-source path switches off and should go over several MegaOhm values (ideally open circuit).  The discharge can be done with a piece of bare wire or a srewdriver.

You will find you cannot control a faulty or fried MOSFET in the above ways,  most of them give a perpetual short circuit between any two of their legs.

@gravityblock  Would you mind drawing your setup you referred to in your first mail?

rgds, Gyula

Edit:  Golden Mean:  probably your MOSFET you using has a lower breakdown voltage than the flyback pulse created at switch off.  IF you specify your present type I could suggest some other types or if you could draw even a handmade schematics on you pulsed setup I could overview it, ok?