Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

193 Pages of history: Das Triumphirende Perpetuum Mobile Orffyreanum

Started by AquariuZ, April 18, 2009, 02:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mondrasek

AquariuZ, I think this is a very nobel undertaking.  I wish you all the best.

I also hope to learn something new from your translation!

Godspeed.

M.

spinner

Quote from: hansvonlieven on April 18, 2009, 09:10:17 PM
John Collins did not translate the book, he neither reads German nor Latin. He used outside resources to have the works translated. Without wanting to criticise John, who does outstanding work, the translations leave much to be desired in parts.

Furthermore Bessler's work is confusing in itself as, in passages, the German text does not say the same as the Latin text on the opposite page.

Hans von Lieven

Yes, you're right about JC's "outside" resources... And about the precision of translations (I read your posts...). Anyway, Bessler did a great job in "encoding"  his secrets. ;D
They're still an enigma..... No matter how good translational skills someone has...

As for the German/Latin text, I think even Mr. Bessler had to find an "outside resources" to translate his texts to Latin...

Cheers!
"Ex nihilo nihil"

hansvonlieven

Incorrect Spinner, Bessler was fluent in Latin, his mentor Christian Weise saw to that.

Hans von Lieven

EDIT: When I say fluent in Latin, I mean of course the Latin in common use during Bessler's time, which leaves much to be desired as far as purity of language is concerned.
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

AquariuZ

Quote from: hansvonlieven on April 18, 2009, 09:10:17 PM
the German text does not say the same as the Latin text on the opposite page.

Hans von Lieven

It appears that in certain sections the Latin addresses a more scientific audience...
It will be interesting to see what (clue?) comes out of the Latin section

My Latin is way too rusty, Google is way too unreliable, but I have sent word for assistance.

Dad has a headache already

The German text seems nothing but shameless promotion, an early marketing brochure if you will.

Main focus will be on the rhyme and page markings and see if the Latin comes up with anything. Not sure why he would have left clues... I find the argument of him pre-empting a possible later inventor feeble.

About the diagrams, nothing spectacular and certainly nothing revealing. OK so got that confirmed. Still pretty but nothing more than that... If anyone is interested in the originals (close as) I can post some here.

Again, I know Stefan is offline, and if I post them I am not sure of the copyright status so they maybe removed later.

hansvonlieven

@ AquariuZ,

Bessler's drawings are public domain, you can find them in a lot of places.

As to the reliability of his accounts, well that is disputable.

Don't forget that during this time serious scholars were debating on how many angels might fit on the point of a needle. ( Richard Baxter "The Reasons of the Christian Religion" 1667 )

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx