Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

no lorentz....?

Started by mr_bojangles, April 08, 2009, 09:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_bojangles

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=5913.0
stumbled across that^

which made me think of this set-up

A. primary wheel (fixed axle)
B. axle for secondary wheel (un-fixed)
C. secondary wheel
D. coil of wire

concept- motor turns A., in turn turning C , (if B and A have similar gear teeth) C shall have magnets projecting in an outward fashion to be perpendicular towards D

lorentz force is now trying to keep C from rotating, if it were successful it would stop rotating and stick to the side of A. Gravity prevents secondary wheel to rotate around with primary wheel

force of gravity holds mass of wheel in same place, un-fixed axle causes rotation of magnetic field through coils of wire inducing current

this means that electricity needed to rotate the wheel would become constant (unaffected by increased magnetic field induced drag/friction)

once this amount is established, we would need only to figure out optimum generating ability of secondary wheel

primary wheel would rotate very slow

im aware this is similar to my other post (flywheel magnet generator)
but this one seems a bit more solid

random idea, wanted to see if anyone else had any thoughts on it or how they think it might work/not work

until next time
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields

mr_bojangles

im working on a variation of this and i was wonder if anyone knew anything about a generator set up similar to this

what i mean is what do you think the relationship would be between; how much electricity is needed to rotate "x" lbs (x= weight of set up) and how much electricity would be produced from rotating a disk with magnets arranged that would induce voltage into surrounding coils

basically i want to know if anyone can tell me if there is any chance that if the perfect speed, weight, i.e. i.e. were found that it could possibly achieve self running or possibly OU status

a simple test to see if there is any net gain would be to find the ratio between a normal set up of a magnet with a motor spinning in front of a coil and measure the amount, and compare it to one that is able to rotate freely and possibly reduce lorentz force induced into the rotation of the magnetic disc itself

alas of course i am plagued with the dreaded and feared "i do not have the materials, so it is all in my head"

if anyone wishes to test it i figured out a way to deal with the whole "spokes" in the wheel interefering with the free axle, or C.

until next time
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields

BEP

Lorentz or Lenz?
Lenz is the usual concern in a motor or generator.

Paul-R

Quote from: BEP on April 28, 2009, 01:03:02 PM
Lorentz or Lenz?
Lenz is the usual concern in a motor or generator.

They are different.

Lorentz law is about the force on an electron due to a magnetic field

Lenz law says that if a field creates a current, that new current will create a new magnetic field, and that field will OPPOSE the
one which created it.

mr_bojangles

very true,

it would appear the current set up would be more conducive towards conquering a "lenzless" rotation in the magnet, or a way to make it compete with gravity and not the mechanism causing the rotation

hmmm

maybe it could instead be implemented in a system similar to hydroelectric or maybe a wind generating turbine as a more efficient means of obtaining electrical energy from the mechanical rotation of the turbine

any thoughts?

-WC Fields