Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Lowest potential for discharge ?

Started by joegatt, April 30, 2005, 02:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joegatt

Hi all.

The Correa patent for Pulsed Abnormal Glow Discharge specifies an input source of around 640V DC.? Personally I have never achieved any discharges with 640V for a gap of 2cm.? In fact the lowest potential for which I have achieved a cold cathode discharge is 1.8kV.? Having the lowest possible input source is important because very high voltages greatly reduce the choice of capacitors that can be used.

I may need a higher vacuum or a different electrode material. But perheaps the Correas were kick-starting their equipment using an ionising source, or simple cathode pre-heating.

Has anyone in the group managed to observe PAGD with input sources less than 1.8kV?

Regards
Joseph Gatt

Warpspeed

Ordinary neon discharge tubes work at 50v or less.

Vacuum fluorescent digital displays (the green ones) work at 30v

Cold cathode discharge does not require a high voltage in the right gas.

joegatt

Ordinary neon discharge tubes have plenty of gas inside, at the relatively high pressure 0.3 bar. This gas is ionised on starting using pulses at several kV, turning the gas into a highly conductive medium.

Vacuum fluorescent displays may actually do without pre-ionisation, but the gaps between the electrodes are very small. The Correa patent specifies a minimum gap distance of 2cm.

Since posting my first comment, I have dug up more details about the Correa setup. Apparantly the threshold voltage for PAGD can be lowered by operating at higher vacuum. Their original setup, it turns out, included the use of a diffusion pump, which is probably outside the range of my budget. Still, I may be able to gain some experimental leverage by improving the vacuum slightly. To this end, I have constructed a thermistor vacuum gauge following the instructions at:

http://www.ee.ualberta.ca/~schmaus/vacf/thermis.html

This gauge should help me get the best vacuum obtainable from all the possible permutations for cascading all of my fridge-pumps.

I have as yet never heard of anyone successfully replicating the Correa claims of over-unity. And if the over-unity effect really does exist, I don't believe it's due to ZPE as is claimed on the aetherometry website. Rather I suspect that any excess energy would be due to transmutation effects.  Unfortunately this would greatly reduce the scope and scalability of a practical reactor.

Regards
Joseph