Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Rupert Murdoch: “Internet Will Soon Be Over”

Started by Cap-Z-ro, May 08, 2009, 05:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nueview

Hi all
the billing part really bothers me but the rest doesn't except for free flow of ideas then thought and there already got people so depressed and at each other for all the wrong reasons they can track almost everything that goes on on a computer all the security firewalls don't even slow them down i do what i believe to be right because it is just but we are becoming to guarded as thaelin said or pointed out it was better in the begining and allot more open for those who wanted to learn as for more money they will get it eventually and that will drive more people to greater crimes but they never look at it that way so let them do it they will hasten there own exit common people will find a different way to go then what will they do when they have finnished seperating the wheat and chaff i know that if the tech in the article is true it is the government that has it and they will use it to get what they want can you go into the NSA and ask to see there records NO if you could you would want heads to role
the mafia once said in court what did we do that you didn't do first
common people need common value hold true to these things the next generation doesn't want to work for them now so how far can it go give your kids good morals don't fight for there oil stop burning books.
really they are just sick people of the mind and body.
Martin

Cap-Z-ro

Well, at least we won't have to choose between the pc and the tv anymore.

Then there's always the baud system.

Regards...

ATT

14.4 kbs was fast in those days. In order to get internet access, I had to phone in, long distance, to Case Western University in Ohio (from Calif.), where I had a free shell-account on one of their servers.

All local (and not so local) stuff was via BBS hosts, all over the phone lines.

Everything was text-based, All CPM and DOS, shell-accts were *nix.

Protocols were Xmodem, Ymodem, Zmodem, etc. instead of HTTP.

Info was slow to download and hard to find compared with today. Everybody knew GWBASIC and X86 ASM. C++ wasn't mainstream yet (SmallTalk for the Apple crowd) but C was popular with most, especially the *nix crowd.

Memory was segment-offset based, no continuous allocation...graphics required almost driver-level knowledge to pull-off. Sure is a lot easier today.

The problem, then and now, with managing accessibility is that in each case, the telcos controlled the 'pipes'.

If everything was wireless, p to p, this could be circumvented (it would be a lot like the old days, which were essentially p to p over the phones).

Wireless relays would work, but it would take a lot of doing to get a sizable majority on-board and even if we could, how would we handle trans-oceanic traffic?

Interesting thought, though.

Cap-Z-ro