Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Homopolar Generators - Unanswered Questions and Design Details

Started by BinaryMan, May 24, 2009, 09:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yucca

@Sealab

It´s difficult to calculate average B field over the entire disk, especially if you have lots of mags glued on. this makes it difficult to calculate output voltage. I can only recommend magging it up and spinning as fast as you can, then probe its voltage.

the_sealab_2021

i don't plan to glue anything to a spinning object that could throw it off in the first place.

i wanted to know why would i use magnets on the rotor itself when an homopolar rotor generator would have an C magnet along one side according to Faraday's original design. ( Ive thought a coil magnet would not direct the current enough to one point of the rotor during operation)

i need more gibberish that wont kill me just yet, i have already spun the copper PCB rotor with an high speed drill chuck with magnets on the drill base and it causes the magnets to move around the base as it spins.

i assumed that the copper creates a torque with the magnetic Fields and I'm still experimenting with it. it ll take me a few months to acquire the proper equipment to test the voltage, i don't have any tester to test the available current and my first tester was an coil that attracted a magnet itself (It didn't work yet,I must wind a thick wired solenoid to prove the current there). I'm drawing pictures of possible coil configurations like on the first post. according to reverse polarity trick with a duel homopolar rotor configuration( if i use an insulated shaft) i might have discovered a way to link the 2 sides together carefully. ( it must stay balanced)

i appreciate your advice, i have no investors so I'm all alone in this idea of mine.

Groundloop

@Yucca,

I will look forward to you high resistance test, thanks.

You may be right about the static brush and current. I have never built a HPG so this is new to me. A little Joule Thief to test small voltages is a good idea. I think that if you short circuit the disk with a load and if the load is on the disk itself then you get the same voltage potential in the wire going from the rim of the disk to the load so that you get two voltages of the same magnitude, but with opposite polarity, canceling each other out. But as I said, this is new to me so I may be wrong.

This firm: http://www.supermagnete.de/eng/index.php
do sell custom designed magnets all over the world. I have a request to the firm but have not yet received an answer. But I bet those big Neo disks will be expensive.

Regards,
Groundloop.

Yucca

Quote from: Groundloop on May 31, 2009, 03:16:39 AM
This firm: http://www.supermagnete.de/eng/index.php
do sell custom designed magnets all over the world. I have a request to the firm but have not yet received an answer. But I bet those big Neo disks will be expensive.

I'll be interested to know the quote, maybe PM me when you get an answer from them. At the moment I have four of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-Neodymium-Magnets-1-5-x-1-4-x-1-4-inch-Ring-N48_W0QQitemZ180254641719QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item29f8038e37&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30

The same ebayer now sells these bigger ones which I'm tempted by, bigger diameter plus the eighth inch hole will go nicely onto a really high speed tiny brushless motor I have which is really efficient.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Neodymium-Magnets-2-x-1-8-x-1-4-inch-Ring-N48_W0QQitemZ150262368979QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item22fc55cad3&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A30

Groundloop

@Yucca,

Sure, I'll PM you as soon as I get a response from the firm.

The 2 incs disk seems to be a perfect disk for small scale testing.

Groundloop.