Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Thane Heins Perepiteia Replications

Started by hartiberlin, May 28, 2009, 05:54:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supermuble

I thought core drag was very minimal, so minimal that it isn't even worth discussing?

If you spin an unloaded generator, there is not enough core drag to really notice right? Doesn't the attraction energy IN almost equal the energy drag OUT?

minde4000

Quote from: supermuble on August 22, 2009, 01:48:39 AM
I have a few questions.

You did not talk about current in this explanation at all. Current is what makes the magnetic field, not voltage, right?

Your explanation at the end makes no sense whatsoever, at least not to me. No offense. How can the external field be reduced, and core drag reduced, and then Lenz's law drag INCREASED. I don't understand what you are trying to say.

If you short a coil, you have a stronger external field, and stronger magnetic drag because of Lenz's law. It's pretty simple.

You lack some knowledge about particular coil conditions if you will and go by the way you think things suppose to work.
I have found this same info at several other independant sites explaining what happens with shorted coils and how they act.

Shorted coil becomes like sort of a capacitor. It charges up when magnet approaches and discharges when magnet moves away. There is very little curent flow in shorted coil. (0.5 amps @ 0V) in my case. When coil is shorted you almost do not use any magnetic fields.

ABOVE critical rpm - shorted coil acts as "infinite" CAPACITOR wich is charged and discharged with little losses. Cap charging/discharging does not induce severe losses does it? :)

BELOW critical rpm - shorted coils goes into INDUCTOR mode and thats where you start to waste power. Inductor charging/discharging @ low frequency creates significant losses and drag.

As long as coil is at capacitor mode there is very litle drag on rotor but if you load it - coil looses capacitor mode and becomes simple lenz obeying inductor.

Minde

supermuble

Now that was a better explanation. Great info.

I am a bit baffled by the fact that the shorted coil has low current flowing through it? How can this be?

You can't use the coil to power a load, but you can use the coil to accelerate the rotor. So you could use shorted coils to enhance system performance, and since there is little current in the coil - there is no heat and no waste energy.

Why can't we tap the coil and use the current from it?

Forgive me if I sound ignorant, but here is one idea:

If the load was a 0.50 ohm or 1.0 ohm transformer primary, then surely we could tap the load, and use the AC current to perform work, while still retaining the characteristics of the shorted coil. If you were to draw power from the secondary on a transformer, it would lower the reactance in the primary, and if using thick wire on the primary, it would simulate a direct short, would it not?

baroutologos

@Minde,

We have made this conversation before. You are right about the feeling Minde. It behaves like a cap charging/discharging BUT it's not a cap. Is it?

My 10-fillar coils (parallel connected with non-existant residual capacitance) have 1,5-2 amps oscillating in them (depends gap). With a cap applied current goes up to 3,5 amps with virtually no decellaration. Voltage is low also. (58 vac at 1500 rpm)

What is that? No current? Its more that enough i would say.

Again in your setup of, if i recall well, its biffilar 27AWG at 70 ohnms? OK something like that. Try passing some 0,4 amps through your coil by series connecting two batteries or more.

You would see that there is a strong, stationary of course, magnetic field created by the dc current. IF  the oscillating current can create more or less the same field in opposition to the rotor, your motor swiftly would decelerate instead of speedup.

Bottom line, we should search deeper why this phenomenon happens. That's my current view.

@Supermumble,

Spectacular mey be -till now- no one has any usefull usage for this phenomenon. Rotor without coils around has a higher rpm than with accelerating coils present.

If you put an transformer with low ohmage, as you say, you would require to the other side also at full short also for acceleration to be maintained. If you apply resistace to extract some energy.. the primary will see it as impedance rise and, bye bye acceleration.

Practically, you can extract some energy before kicking your coils to Lenz zone, (see Mr T transformers) but till today this is nowhere close to input energy rerquired.

In my setup, using a high efficiency motor (76%) i could extract some 5-7 watts while it consumes some 40 watts. Still far less than input required with coils around.

I do not want to discourage you. On the contrary, i urge you by all means to be involved and help out! Follow mr T's guidelines for fast results.
We are waiting your contribution.

Regards,
Baroutologos

LarryC

@Ron,

It seems that most people (including me) will not be satisfied with your explanation until a current wave shape is shown. I don't know if you have a current probe, but I do know that a current probe for an oscilloscope can be quiet expensive. I needed one recently for another project and found this site http://scienceshareware.com/how-to-measure-AC-DC-current-with-a-hall-effect-clamp-.htm.

I got the CSLA2CD from digikey and it works great for under $20. You just need to add multiple wire turns to the clamp for low MA work.

Regards, Larry