Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

What Does This Tell You ?

Started by Cap-Z-ro, June 05, 2009, 05:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibbguy

Did you mean "Regressive?" That is the term for taxes that are "unfair" in that they affect poorer people more than the wealthy.

A "Progressive" tax is graduated to income, a Regressive tax is not.

Sales taxes are "Regressive" (all pay the same percentage), income taxes in most countries are "Progressive" (the more we make the higher the percentage).

The recent movement for the "Fair Tax" (as some Conservative pols such as Mike Hucklebee were for), is a giant sales tax; and gets around the concept of regressiveness for the working-poor, in that they would be forced to petition the government for rebates... Lol something that the rich folks would NEVER wish on themselves ;)

I know a lot of working-poor folks who are none-the-less proud; and have no wish to be forced to go beg to the government for money.

Not only that, but instead of buying stuff, corporations could still cheat by leasing stuff and using barter trade to get around the sales tax. 

In that the idea was to make a "level playing field for everyone", that concept was a huge failure... And went over like a turd in a punch bowl ;)

So we should not be deceived by that and other similar plans (...it also ignored Social Security taxes completely): It is just another plan to screw-over  poor people and make life easier on the wealthy... Lol, life is easy enough for them now ;) 

The real problem with our tax system is that any jerks with enough money for Lobbyists and for campaign donations, can get loop-holes for their corporation.

"Toyoda USA" is a make-believe holding company that amazingly never shows any profits, so it never has to pay any taxes in the US . Many other corps are obviously American, yet they use offshore holding companies to hide their profits from taxes. Some corporations actually profit tax-wise from closing PROFITABLE factories in the US and moving them to China... We actually PAY them to screw American workers out their futures, and give their jobs to COMMUNISTS. 

The corporate tax system is OBVIOUSLY DESIGNED for abuse.

If corporations were forced to pay their fair share, and their 40,000 pages of "gray-area" loopholes removed, not only would tens of thousands of scum-bag lawyers be out of work, lol, but we would not have a serious budget deficit.

These cheating corporations benefit greatly from being "American", from having this system to operate in... Where their transportations costs are low and usually reliable, their economic stability is (USUALLY) predictable, where they can get reasonably educated workers, and where there is general stability needed to  plan and grow. THEY SHOULD PAY FOR THIS PRIVILEGE (people in countries like Mexico would love to have these advantages). They should pay just like we all do. But since they have the politicians in their pockets, they get away with cheating us all.

If we want to change things, that's were we are going to have to start. 

Cap-Z-ro

It is my belief that the monetary system supplanted the barter system for the purpose of gaining control over the goods and services offered by others.

Further to that...back in the 30's someone devised an economic system, whereby everybody was required to work for 20 years at a rate of 4 hrs a day 4 days a week.

At the end of that period you are free to resume your 'pursuit of happiness'...or continue working for as long as you wish.

When your 20 years are done, you are permitted to retire with full purchasing power.

I have a hard time finding anything wrong with that theory.
The theory is that for every task required by a society, the wide variety of humans ensures that from among them there are people uniquely suited for that task.

Regards...

utilitarian

Quote from: Cap-Z-ro on June 10, 2009, 04:02:44 PM
It is my belief that the monetary system supplanted the barter system for the purpose of gaining control over the goods and services offered by others.

Further to that...back in the 30's someone devised an economic system, whereby everybody was required to work for 20 years at a rate of 4 hrs a day 4 days a week.

At the end of that period you are free to resume your 'pursuit of happiness'...or continue working for as long as you wish.

When your 20 years are done, you are permitted to retire with full purchasing power.

I have a hard time finding anything wrong with that theory.
The theory is that for every task required by a society, the wide variety of humans ensures that from among them there are people uniquely suited for that task.

Regards...

The problem with the barter system is when you want to buy something, you have to scramble to find something the seller will accept in trade.  This may be somewhat eased if there is a universal good that everyone sort of accepts (like cigarettes in prison), with the knowledge that it can easily be offloaded onto someone else, but then, that universally desired good becomes the new currency, and so you are back to money.

Also can you imagine the difficulties of buying something like a house, and hoping the bank will take your truckloads of corn in exchange?

Cap-Z-ro

You will notice that I deleted your last 2 paragraphs.

You will receive no reply from me when you resort to personal remarks.

You just can't help I guess.

The system was called 'technocracy'...look it up before making comments which relate to the monetary system, and are not relevant to the topic raised.

Then if you can post your thoughts or questions without trying to tie a can on someone in the process, I will reply in kind.

utilitarian

Quote from: Cap-Z-ro on June 10, 2009, 07:03:14 PM
You will notice that I deleted your last 2 paragraphs.

You will receive no reply from me when you resort to personal remarks.

You just can't help I guess.

The system was called 'technocracy'...look it up before making comments which relate to the monetary system, and are not relevant to the topic raised.

Then if you can post your thoughts or questions without trying to tie a can on someone in the process, I will reply in kind.

I have looked up technocracy, and cannot figure out what that has to do with barter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technocracy_(bureaucratic)

As far as the censored section, you are being awfully sensitive.  OK, substitute "you" for a hypothetical person.

In the current system, anyone, including you, me, our friends and neighbors, is free to pursue whatever vocation will allow them to work 4 hours per day and maintain a savings, so that after 20 years, that person can retire.

This may seem like a difficult task, but only if one limits oneself to working for someone else.  I know plenty of self employed people, or people who own businesses, who only work 4 hours or less per day.  You, me, and everyone else who lives in the majority of the western world is generally capable of starting such a business, if one puts his or her effort to it.