Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Claimed OU circuit of Rosemary Ainslie

Started by TinselKoala, June 16, 2009, 09:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powercat

Quote from: TinselKoala on August 10, 2009, 01:46:43 PM
Hee hee. Yersss, Cat,  and if you should happen to manage to accidentally short-circuit that very large capacitor, you will find out what very low internal resistance really means. Ever drop a wrench across a car battery? Imagine that, times about a tenth of the battery's output impedance.
It's a good idea, just be careful with capacitors, they will eventually bite you and they do bite hard.

Thank's for the warning Tk
as I live on a boat with no shore power. I have spent a long time on batteries
and tested them with a drop tester many times when they were old

anyway it's always good to give a warning we don't want those ambulance chasing lawyers after us
cat
When logic and proportion Have fallen
Go ask Alice When she's ten feet tall

MileHigh

AC:

Your comments about capacitors are true.  I am always thinking in terms of the KISS principle in that for my specific "simulated battery" example the ESR and other properties can be ignored when working with a typical Bedini motor or other typical experimenter setup on a bench.

Rosemary:

QuoteI have no idea what the actual rms voltage is across the load

I am going to assume that you are interested in the RMS voltage across the load to calculate the power being dissipated.  The "load" of course is the "coil-resistor."  How many times Rosemary do you have to be told that you can't use RMS voltage, and the power dissipated across the coil-resistor is voltage AND waveform/frequency dependent?  We must have tried to get this fundamental concept through to you at least 50 times, and it still doesn't stick and you are apparently back at square one.

Quoteit's 10 volts, then that's hardly enough to boil water, assuming that the load is 10 Ohm

You don't understand how thermal systems work.  Plus you are making a subjective call with nothing to back it up, you are learning from Aaron.  If not 10 volts, then how many volts?  12?  15?  27.5?  You have no clue.  The real answer is that for a 10-ohm load, any DC voltage could boil water as long as the thermal resistance to the outside world is high enough.

QuoteI would love to see the dc average across the shunt from the Fluke 123 at a duty cycle of 3% and with the required oscillation.

If you understood what I said above then you would conclude that the DC average is irrelevant, garbage data. <CORRECTION:  I was thinking of the DC average across the coil-resistor, and not the shunt resistor.  The DC average across the shunt resistor is relevant.  However, like for any measuring device, the Fluke DC averaging measurement is bandwidth limited, and will fail to measure and average any high-frequency current waveform components above a certain frequency.  My apologies.>

MileHigh

qiman

from Rosemary:

May I say that your video does not attempt any power analysis. I have no idea what the actual rms voltage is across the load and - if you're suggesting that it's 10 volts, then that's hardly enough to boil water, assuming that the load is 10 Ohm.

Also, the waveform you are presenting does not describe our own. You may want to see a description of this in post 1891 - for Harvey.

And yes, I would love to see the dc average across the shunt from the Fluke 123 at a duty cycle of 3% and with the required oscillation.

MH - I do not need a lecture from you. I'm trying to get answers from TK.