Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Claimed OU circuit of Rosemary Ainslie

Started by TinselKoala, June 16, 2009, 09:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Quote from: Hoppy on August 12, 2009, 05:35:38 AM
Further investigation of Aaron's latest Ainslie circuit mod reveals that my replication is very unstable, which resulted in the overheating of my mosfet. The pulses dance around on the scope as a result of this and its almost impossible to get a steady screen. Also, my frequency pot appears not to work properly. I have now managed to repeat the sudden 'oscillatory' effect which causes the mosfet overheating. It looks like the circuit suddenly increases in frequency and duty cycle, although its difficult to see the waveform clearly at the point this happens. I cannot reproduce this effect with the original Aaron / Peter Lindeman design.

I'm not aware that anyone else has built Aaron's latest mod, so it would be interesting if perhaps MH or TK could build this and report their findings.

Hoppy
Hoppy, most small inexpensive potentiometers are rated 1/2 Watt or even 1/4 Watt. It is very easy to "burn" a tiny spot on the resistance strip, and when the slider contacts this area a noisy or intermittent contact can be experienced. I have such a spot on one of the pots in my circuit, which came from a momentary overload using a different transistor.
I would suggest repeating your exact tuning test with a different, new, pot, and see if that makes any difference.
Also, if you could show a scope shot, as I suggested earlier, of 2 simultaneous traces, it would be very helpful in diagnosis: one, the output of the timer (either pin 3 or if there is other following circuitry the point where the timer connects to the gate atten. pot) and two, the mosfet drain trace (Ainslie "A" or the transistor side of the load). Trigger the scope with the first (timer) trace.

In this way we will be able to see if the "oscillations" are coming from the timer, which I believe, or from the mosfet. In case we aren't already convinced enough.
Please do try some different pots, though. That might be the source of your fine-tuning "oscillations".

As far as building Yet Another of Aaron's kludges, no thanks, I'm about done with that. How did you get the Aaron-Peter circuit to work properly? Even after correcting the stupid mistake of connecting the output to the positive rail LIKE THE DRAWING SHOWS, the thing still won't make the right duty cycle for me.

And again, it's really easy to get the right duty cycle and fairly good behaviour with the original Quantum circuit if you just put an inverting 2n2222 on the output.
If that's what floats your OU boat, I mean.

Oh, and I see that the 2sk1548 is a MOSFET, not a diode, and even long-dead typos are fair game for trolls to dig up. Even when it's clear from the CONTEXT exactly what is meant.

Let that be a lesson to anyone who dares to post on the internet: some fool will remember everything you ever said and will use it against you, years from now.

Well, shut my mouth and call me "mammy".

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: TinselKoala on August 12, 2009, 07:14:05 AM
Oh, and I see that the 2sk1548 is a MOSFET, not a diode, and even long-dead typos are fair game for trolls to dig up. Even when it's clear from the CONTEXT exactly what is meant.

Let that be a lesson to anyone who dares to post on the internet: some fool will remember everything you ever said and will use it against you, years from now.

yes, the context is clear, as clear as the non ou context surrounding our fet debate. i'm just pointing out your numerous errors and lack of attention to detail, as it bears relevance to your ability to analyze and your credibility.

yup, let that be a lesson to those that would misrepresent, obfuscate and outright lie.

we can only hope you will... ::)

edit: i notice you failed to show your "predicted from inspection of..." post, again.
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

Hoppy

Quote from: TinselKoala on August 12, 2009, 07:14:05 AM
Hoppy, most small inexpensive potentiometers are rated 1/2 Watt or even 1/4 Watt. It is very easy to "burn" a tiny spot on the resistance strip, and when the slider contacts this area a noisy or intermittent contact can be experienced. I have such a spot on one of the pots in my circuit, which came from a momentary overload using a different transistor.
I would suggest repeating your exact tuning test with a different, new, pot, and see if that makes any difference.
Also, if you could show a scope shot, as I suggested earlier, of 2 simultaneous traces, it would be very helpful in diagnosis: one, the output of the timer (either pin 3 or if there is other following circuitry the point where the timer connects to the gate atten. pot) and two, the mosfet drain trace (Ainslie "A" or the transistor side of the load). Trigger the scope with the first (timer) trace.

In this way we will be able to see if the "oscillations" are coming from the timer, which I believe, or from the mosfet. In case we aren't already convinced enough.
Please do try some different pots, though. That might be the source of your fine-tuning "oscillations".

As far as building Yet Another of Aaron's kludges, no thanks, I'm about done with that. How did you get the Aaron-Peter circuit to work properly? Even after correcting the stupid mistake of connecting the output to the positive rail LIKE THE DRAWING SHOWS, the thing still won't make the right duty cycle for me.

And again, it's really easy to get the right duty cycle and fairly good behaviour with the original Quantum circuit if you just put an inverting 2n2222 on the output.
If that's what floats your OU boat, I mean.

Hi TK

I'm not being mislead by faulty pots! I only use brand new quality ten turn pots for this type of replication work. The ocsillations are definately coming from my control circuit because its unstable.

Peter's and Aarons circuit works OK but I too cannot get 3.7% from it.

Hoppy

TinselKoala

Wilby, No, you are blatantly trolling, in violation of this site's TOS and the common internet definition of trolling. In addition, you are pointing out the SAME POINT over and over and over and over again, not new points.
Most of the "thirty pages" you keep referring to are YOU trolling and me teasing you. And you have absolutely no idea when I started testing what. You only know--or think you know--what I posted and when I posted it.
You haven't given any substantive criticism of my analyses at all. Nor have you pointed out any errors. You have just shown quotes from ME pointing out my own errors. Which, when I make them, I freely admit.
And once again: the issue here is the COP>17 overunity claim of Rosemary Ainslie. In regards to that claim, there is NO SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE in any of the mosfets that I have tried, as stated at the time. In regards to traditional engineering criteria, assuming that spikes are what you want (Aaron has flip-flopped on this several times) then the 2sk1548 is probably better, and I demonstrated this several times in the videos with side-by-side comparisons. But that issue is entirely my own. Most people have actually REFUSED to try any other mosfets, specifically avoiding the 2sk1548! So your entire argument involving my use or not of this mosfet is the flimsiest of straw men. The fact that you are so stuck on it indicates that you have even less of a real life than I do, and that is extremely pitiful.
And to top it off, you are simply wrong.

TinselKoala

@Hoppy: good, that at least reduces the chances of the dirty pot. I suppose I'll have to build it after all. Can you be specific as to which of Aaron's circuits you are using? I've lost count, so a link to the actual diagram would be nice.
Did you try several different 555 chips in there with the same or similar control settings? There can be partial failures as well as large differences between chips.
I'd still like to see a scope shot if you can manage to make it hold still long enough.