Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Claimed OU circuit of Rosemary Ainslie

Started by TinselKoala, June 16, 2009, 09:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinselKoala

Ramset found this link to Rosemary Ainslie's work, and I found it interesting enough to fool around with. So I built a circuit, identical only with some different components, and started testing it. I haven't done nearly enough to give a final evaluation, but one thing I do see already: the input power signal is very spiky and so will be more or less underestimated by Ainslie's described technique.
That is, if my circuit behaves anything like hers.

http://www.feelthevibe.com/free_energy/rosemary_ainslie/transient_energy.pdf

TinselKoala

So here's a picture of my "replication" of Ainslie's circuit. I couldn't find the IRFGP50 MOSFET locally, so I used a similar one, 2SK1548. And instead of using a 555 timer clock circuit I just used my trusty Interstate F34 function generator to make the gate drive pulses. And instead of using a .25 ohm current-viewing shunt I used a 2.5 ohm shunt. But the rest is as specified.

TinselKoala

Here's the instrument stack. From the top, Fluke frequency counter (if it works, it's a "Fluke"!) showing 2.4 kilohertz. Next the F34, set on "pulse" mode with a DC offset to bring the baseline to zero volts and the peaks to about 10 volts, and the duty cycle cranked way down.
Next is the Tek scope, showing the pulse output from the F34. There are 5 minor divisions per horizontal cm, so one minor div would be 5 percent duty cycle if the entire wave takes 4 cm. You can see that this cycle is a bit over 4 cm, and the peaks are about half a minor division, so that's less than 5 percent and more than 2.5 percent. (Ainslie specifies 3.7 percent. How she got that precise with her equipment I'll never know.)
Next is the Philips scope with the current (input) waveform on top and the load (output) waveform on bottom. This is with the gate drive potentiometer turned down relatively low, so there isn't much distortion--that is, the device isn't yet operating in the Ainslie "OU" regime.

TinselKoala

Now it starts to get interesting. The MOSFET is being operated way out of its normal operating regime. This circuit is actually a reasonably good amplifier, if you give it a sine input and moderate gate voltage. But with the short pulse input in this circuit the gate voltage has to be turned up higher than spec, so the circuit gets non-linear. I haven't been able to get mine to do the "random oscillations" that Ainslie talks about, but without seeing her scope trace I can't really tell what she's talking about. Things like that often occur from poor circuit layout, but this circuit shouldn't be too sensitive to that since it isn't really high frequency. (The MOSFET seems to do OK up to 2 MHz, which is where my equipment pretty much tops out).
So here's the result of increasing the gate drive to the point of non-linearity. Note the spikes developing in the current (input) trace.

TinselKoala

Now, there can be a lot of power hiding in those leading and trailing spikes. My oscilloscopes at home aren't fast enough to reveal just how much power is in there, but you can get an idea from the following pictures. I cranked the gate drive up all the way and here's the result: the output waveform is still OK but there are some huge spikes on the input. There's a lot of power in those spikes. They are the inductive kickback from the inductances formed by the wirewound load resistor and the wiring. They represent energy, input from the battery over a "long" time, kicked back in a "short" time by the collapsing magnetic field.
I think.
The fact that the trailing spike is strongly negative may mean that the battery is self-recharging a bit. But regardless, it represents power that isn't being dissipated in the load resistor.

Now, Ainslie uses a calorimetric procedure to estimate her output, and since she saw her load resistor getting warmer than it should have, _given her input power calculations_, she makes the claim of COP > 17. It will be some time before I am able to repeat her output power measurements...
Since my load resistor has not perceptibly warmed up at all.
Yet...
:'(

Leading edge spike: