Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

TPU Clues

Started by newbie123, June 24, 2009, 01:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BEP

You folks actually believe that is a resistor?

Granted, that type of case is not common now but it and the layout of the color bands was still common in the 80's.

It is not a resistor. It is a diode. Even without knowing the colors I can tell you it is either a 1N9x series diode or a varactor. These were common in VHF circuits.

kooler

didnt mean to fluff any feathers but the reason i thought it was a inductor.. is they used to use
Parasitic Suppressor chokes in VHF circuits also, the ones that look like a resistor but has a lump in the middle..
i'm just looking for any clues so i can start the build soon...

BEP

No feathers fluffed here  :)

I just hate to see folks thinking something so wrong and trying to work with it.

I could be wrong about the diode type but it is certainly no resistor.

wattsup

@BEP

Thanks. I think you are very right that it is not a resistor cause that would make it a standard bleed resistor on a cap. Why would you want to bleed juice in a device that is trying to make juice? But the two black caps are in series, so what would a diode do over each cap in series?

BEP

Quote from: wattsup on October 10, 2009, 12:04:18 PM
@BEP

Thanks. I think you are very right that it is not a resistor cause that would make it a standard bleed resistor on a cap. Why would you want to bleed juice in a device that is trying to make juice? But the two black caps are in series, so what would a diode do over each cap in series?

From what I can tell each diode is used as a rectifier to charge the caps. This should be a simple power supply for the central circuits. One problem, the diodes seem to be reversed for that purpose. If so, he was using silicon diodes and their weird ability to pass very short spikes under reverse bias. Those spikes have single digit ns cutoff times.

I forgot the different names given to that action. I'll look them up and post later.
I am very sure these caps and diodes were not part of the load circuit.