Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electric Car Faster Than Any Gas Vehicle

Started by Cap-Z-ro, June 24, 2009, 04:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigo

(connecting to the last post)

...not to mention that for example GM Volt will only go 60 miles before needing a recharge. Basically, it would be like driving an internal combustion engine on its tank's "reserve" always worrying if it's gonna die on you. :D

Aside from all that, there's lot of talk about some people modifying their existing cars to electric, but my question is: are they road worthy - have they been certified and approved by their respective transportation authorities as licensed to be on the roads and highways? Or do you really want to drive illegally, be pulled over and your car impounded?

Also, where would one obtain such a license or certification for their modified electric vehicle, when most governments don't appear to even have provisions in the transportation laws for electric vehicles yet.

TheOne

Its legal, once you convert your car your car need to support some feature required to be able to go on the road, here in Canada, you need to  check the car before to be able to use it on the road, its not hard to be able to use the car, but you need to respect some rules. Since you convert an existing car, most of the work is already done.

I found the last day my donor car for my electric car project, at first I wanted a big land rover discovery, but its not really practical for EV, I will sell it, the other one is an AUDI A4 97 QUATTRO, I think this car will work better for this project and its 4WD!! I started to remove stuffs from the engine, its long.

amigo

Quote from: TheOne on August 07, 2009, 10:08:30 PM
Its legal, once you convert your car your car need to support some feature required to be able to go on the road, here in Canada, you need to  check the car before to be able to use it on the road, its not hard to be able to use the car, but you need to respect some rules. Since you convert an existing car, most of the work is already done.

I found the last day my donor car for my electric car project, at first I wanted a big land rover discovery, but its not really practical for EV, I will sell it, the other one is an AUDI A4 97 QUATTRO, I think this car will work better for this project and its 4WD!! I started to remove stuffs from the engine, its long.

I'm in Canada as well, which province are you in as the local regulations might be different?

Here in ON I saw pure electric Purolator trucks on the streets, which means the company making them must have gotten some permit to use them or are considered experimental (and road safe?) since as far as I know there's no MTO regulation for electric cars yet.

I don't have a "donor" car though, as I do not have motor/energy source figured out yet. I do not wish to use conventional batteries because recharging them so often is not my idea of driving around. It's all still in my head and I have some major obstacles to overcome (duh), but "where there is a will there's a way" ... :)

TheOne

Quote from: amigo on August 09, 2009, 10:02:07 PM
I'm in Canada as well, which province are you in as the local regulations might be different?

Here in ON I saw pure electric Purolator trucks on the streets, which means the company making them must have gotten some permit to use them or are considered experimental (and road safe?) since as far as I know there's no MTO regulation for electric cars yet.

I don't have a "donor" car though, as I do not have motor/energy source figured out yet. I do not wish to use conventional batteries because recharging them so often is not my idea of driving around. It's all still in my head and I have some major obstacles to overcome (duh), but "where there is a will there's a way" ... :)

I live in QC, but here a link of the things you need to do to be able to drive EV in our province, but its probably the same thing on all others as well..

Link http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/documents/documents_pdf/dossiers_speciaux/veh_modif_artisan.php

the only problem i did not find the english version sorry, its seam the english one is not published yet.