Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Where's Van De Graff On This Board?

Started by Clara Listensprechen, March 12, 2006, 11:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthecuttingedge2005

Quote from: the_big_m_in_ok on August 19, 2009, 11:00:38 AM

Just a thought?  Can semiconductors like carbon be used in capacitors?  They're usually made of alternating layers of a matal and a nonconductor.

--Lee

Hi Big M.

Yes, they are called Ultra-Capacitors, they use Carbons high Surface area to store electrical charge to much higher densities.

just do a google on Ultra Capacitors, you shouldn't have a problem find out lots of info.

Jerry

the_big_m_in_ok

onthecuttingedge2005 said:
Here I am stuck with old monitor Fly backs.
They're okay.  If you wire more than one in series, the voltage capacity goes up without cooking the turns in the secondary of just one transformer.

I live in the mountains and the closest radio shack is 50 miles away.
Right. I see.  But, you, amongst many people(e.g., city dwellers, especially) should know if 50 Hz line mains frequency AC contributes to power that impacts a long wire strung between two poles?  A few Overunity Members have had trouble generating much voltage away from power way out somewhere in their home county.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

the_big_m_in_ok

Clara Listensprechen said:
Where can I find on this board any discussion of Van De Graff?  Danged if I don't zap myself with kilovolts everytime my shoes shuffle across the rug. Anybody else besides me think that the Van De Graff and the 2N3055 oughta get married? Discuss.
@Clara...
Okay, as a patent, this comes fairly close, I think, especially in voltage levels:

#7,235,945
Energy Conversion Systems

http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=92OAAAAAEBAJ&dq=patent:7235945&as_drrb_ap=q&as_minm_ap=0&as_miny_ap=&as_maxm_ap=0&as_maxy_ap=&as_drrb_is=q&as_minm_is=0&as_miny_is=&as_maxm_is=0&as_maxy_is=

And with this particular design, I think the 2N3055 would be unnecessary.  Mere diodes should do the trick.  Fig. 14 of the patent has an embodiment I like.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.