Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Effects of Recirculating BEMF to Coil

Started by gotoluc, July 02, 2009, 06:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MileHigh

.99:

QuoteMH and I are mostly saying the same thing, and he is correct about the oscillation. However, I will correct him on one point. Without the diode, the ringdown is indeed there, but it has no ability to do work in this phase. It does not push and pull the magnet in oscillation because the current and voltage are not in the right alignment to make real power.

I disagree with you here.  The magnet will be influenced (have force act upon it) by whatever type of magnetic field is created by the current running through the coil.  The magnet is only influenced by the current flow in the coil and not by any IV timing relationship.  If you had a much slower resonant frequency and held the magnet in your hand you would be able to feel the alternating push and pull force on the magnet as the ringdown takes place - like putting your hand on a speaker cone and feeling a 60 Hz vibration.

To get a bit esoteric, the physical mass of the magnet is a mechanical low pass filter, i.e.; a mechanical capacitor.  The mechanical low pass filter in the actual experimental setup filters out the high frequency oscillations to a great extent so that the up and  down wobble of the magnet is imperceptible to the naked eye.

I'll also add that "low pass filter" can be restated as "high frequency cut-off filter" - they both mean the same thing and the second definition makes it clearer for this example.  The mass of the magnet is filtering out, a.k.a. "cutting off" any high frequency vibrations of the magnet so that they are imperceptable to the naked eye.   Nor would you likely be able to feel them if you were holding the magent in your hand during the ring-down - they would be way too small in amplitude and way too fast for your nerve cells in your fingers to register the sensation.

QuoteWhen the flyback diode is introduced, the initial current pulse is recirculated within the coil and not only is it present for a longer duration, but it is higher in amplitude as well. It's that rectified current I spoke of.

I am mystified by the plots you posted, can't wrap my brain around them.  Can you discuss them a but more?  The "average current" is throwing me off.  If it is possible, can you superimpose the regular coil current vs. time for both cases?  I think that would help.

MileHigh

gotoluc

Quote from: wattsup on September 26, 2009, 10:56:37 AM
@gotoluc

I have a question about the relay. Is the relay switching both sides of the caps or just one side? What I mean by that is does the first cap, second cap and the coil share any common connection or are they all isolated by the relay switching two sides?

Hi wattsup,

the caps share a common connection, I'm connecting and disconnecting the ground side only.

Luc

wattsup

@99

Thanks for your clarification. i see on your wave that the slope is gradually going down at that would in fact show the resonance after one pulse.

@gotoluc

Quote from: gotoluc on September 26, 2009, 12:49:13 PM
Hi wattsup,

the caps share a common connection, I'm connecting and disconnecting the ground side only.

Luc

Of course my next question would be, what do you think the difference would be if both the positive and negative sides were switched by the relay. I think that relay is a DPDT so you may have enough to try it.

One other thing @gotoluc. You have everything on the table now to try The Tesla Project on the thread here; http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=3972.0

If you can master the Tesla battery shorting principle and current reversal and flyback that happens, along with your highly disciplined method of testing, observing and showing, I am convinced this will give you a whole new outlook on the potential and teach many here what maybe we could not teach during that thread. The Tesla Ozone Patent is a basis for what I think is in many of the OU device attempts we see today, including some aspects of which are used in the SM TPU.

Anyways, just thought I'd bring it up in case you are looking for something else.

gotoluc

Quote from: wattsup on September 26, 2009, 01:49:31 PM

@gotoluc

Of course my next question would be, what do you think the difference would be if both the positive and negative sides were switched by the relay. I think that relay is a DPDT so you may have enough to try it.

One other thing @gotoluc. You have everything on the table now to try The Tesla Project on the thread here; http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=3972.0

If you can master the Tesla battery shorting principle and current reversal and flyback that happens, along with your highly disciplined method of testing, observing and showing, I am convinced this will give you a whole new outlook on the potential and teach many here what maybe we could not teach during that thread. The Tesla Ozone Patent is a basis for what I think is in many of the OU device attempts we see today, including some aspects of which are used in the SM TPU.

Anyways, just thought I'd bring it up in case you are looking for something else.

Ya, I could see that question coming ;D

I'm 99% sure that switching both poles off and on won't make any difference in the effect I'm demonstration. The effect has nothing to do with using capacitors in the first place. I only used them so to be able to calculate power in for each test.

I real busy working on a new setup which will demonstrate the use of this effect. So I may not reply to all post until I have it done.

Luc

poynt99

Quote from: MileHigh on September 26, 2009, 12:32:10 PM
.99:

I disagree with you here.  The magnet will be influenced (have force act upon it) by whatever type of magnetic field is created by the current running through the coil.  The magnet is only influenced by the current flow in the coil and not by any IV timing relationship.  If you had a much slower resonant frequency and held the magnet in your hand you would be able to feel the alternating push and pull force on the magnet as the ringdown takes place - like putting your hand on a speaker cone and feeling a 60 Hz vibration.
MileHigh

MH, I think you would agree that if no energy is being "supplied by" or "depleted in" the coil that it can not possibly be doing any work?

Take a look at the plot. I think it clearly illustrates that no energy is available (except for the static charge in the cap) to do any work during the ringdown phase. Therefore, it is not possible for the coil to act with any force on any magnet in it's proximity.

I'll address your second point shortly ;)

question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209