Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Light is converted gravity

Started by brian334, July 02, 2009, 06:46:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newbie123

Quote from: gravityblock on July 09, 2009, 04:02:26 AM
It is true that a gravitational field can cause light to red shift, and this can be seen as a color change or the frequency/wavelength changing while having no speed change, such as passing a large mass or other large energy source.  Why does it increase in energy but doesn't increase in it's speed?  The simple answer is because it lost a little bit of Time when it's energy increased.  Since it lost some Time, then it doesn't have Time to increase it's speed.  It basically converted Time into energy, thus mass/energy slows Time.  It's also related to the frequency/wavelength, but that is related to Time/space also.

Lost time? Photons experience 0 time  since they're traveling at c...  How can photons "lose time" if they never experience it?

You're overlooking something though and confusing two different phenomenons.  Let's take two observers with different speeds relative to each other where the light source is moving towards both observers, but where the light source itself will be outside the range of any gravitational fields including the gravitational fields of the observers.  One observer is moving at half C and the other observer is moving at a quarter of C.

The frequency/wavelength of the light can not adjust to have different values for both observers simultaneously.  Both observers will calculate the light source to have the same frequency, wavelength, and speed.  There will be no red shift for either observer.

Yes is can actually.    The two different observers will see two different wavelengths from the same light source...

If the light source passed through a gravitational field, then both observers will see the same color change of the light and will calculate the frequency/wavelength/speed to be the same.  What changes is Time.

The wavelengths will adjust accordingly, considering both gravity and relative velocity...    And "Time" is irrelevant.

Since Time is ticking for each observer at different rates according to their speed (energy/mass), then each observer will calculate the light source, to have the same speed, frequency, and wavelength. 

Time is variable according to your speed or energy/mass, and the speed of light is constant in all frames due to Time being variable.  This is true for the rest of the electromagnetic spectrum also.

Time isn't variable..   It's just relative.    If you were traveling at .9999c   your frame's time would pass the same as it is right now on earth...  You would never really know that your time was moving slower unless you had something to compare it to..  I.E  a traveler moving at .999c

Light and the rest of the electromagnetic spectrum never adjusts it's speed/frequency/wavelength according to the observer or observers (like it knows who is watching or how many is watching it....LOL).   If this is the case, as in moving through a gravitational field for example, then all observers will calculate this change and come up with the same values, regardless of their speed/energy/mass/etc.

Umm... Wow.  You really need to go do some real reading (NOT YOUTUBE)...  This is prefect example of your misunderstandings.      EM waves really do  "know who is watching" them, they will shift frequency and wavelength (NOT VELOCITY)  depending on the observers "relative environment" (gravity/velocity).

Until you can measure it, arguing about something can be many things.. But science is not one of them.

deltadrone

Light travels at the speed of light this is true, however the speed of light as we know it (186,000mps), travels faster in a vacuum such as space. It also bends around masses like stars, planetary bodies, etc.  This is due to the stars or planetary bodies gravity. Black holes are like a gravitational sink hole which pulls light into itself, not producing light.  So gravity effects light but does not necessarily make it.  Light radiates from the spending of energy. Our sun gives off light because it is fusing elements together not by burning them. Remember you need oxygen to burn and there is very little of it on the sun if any, and what little there is would burn off.
Gravity of the sun is great enough to squeeze its masses together causing the elements like hydrogen and so forth to fuse together making a lot of heat and light of which not all is visible. It also prevents the gasses like hydrogen to just float out into space.  I don't know much about gravity, but I am sure it does not make light. And if it does, it does so indirectly.  To prove this I leave you this thought, when our sun burns out its mass will be about the size of the earth with lots and lots of gravity and producing no visible light.

newbie123

Quote from: deltadrone on July 09, 2009, 04:14:04 PM
Light travels at the speed of light this is true, however the speed of light as we know it (186,000mps), travels faster in a vacuum such as space.

In vacuum the speed of light is constant.. But in  transparent mediums the speed of light will appear to be less than c,  due to slower propagation rates...  But I believe  the speed of light between the  absorption and emission (in vacuum)  in matter is still "c" ... so when EM radiation is traveling slower than c,  it's just an "illusion" ...  I could be wrong though.  It's been a while since I looked into this.

Until you can measure it, arguing about something can be many things.. But science is not one of them.

brian334

Delta,
When the sun burns out how do you
know what its mass will be?

deltadrone

You need to explain more.  Black holes are nothing but gravity and light does not come out of them. javascript:void(0);