Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

stop saying "it cannot be done !"

Started by nitinnun, July 03, 2009, 07:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

utilitarian

Quote from: onthecuttingedge2005 on July 03, 2009, 08:58:24 PM
I agree with TK.

If you give a hundred Monkeys a loaded gun then one of them is bound to figure it out and shoot it, I don't want to be around when it happens.

Jerry ;)

You should probably read TK's post again.

And regarding the monkeys, that is a really bad analogy.  There is the assumption that you have a working gun, and the mechanism is simple to fire.

Now take the same gun and put a simple combination lock on the mechanism, say with 3 digits, from 1-10.  In theory, it would only take 1000 combinations to unlock the trigger and fire the gun.  But yet I bet you could give 1000 monkeys 1000 years, and they would not be able to do it (they would simply stop messing with the gun after a few minutes and never bother again).

You are probably referring to the old monkeys, typewriter, and works of shakespeare theorem:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

Actually, if you assume a monkey that will actually diligently type at random, not get tired or bored, and does not need to sleep or take breaks, the odds are against you.'

Apparently, simply to type out the word "banana" on a 50 key typewriter is a one in 15 million chance, so even to get a simple sentence correct would probably exceed the time we have here on earth.

I guess what I am saying is that monkey are better off doing other things that trying to write shakespeare, and maybe so are we.  Additionally because there is not even a 1 in 15 million shot.  The odds of 3+3 ever equaling 7 is exactly zero.

onthecuttingedge2005

Hi utilitarian.

I really didn't think anybody would take an analogical idiom that far, lol.

TK is good folk, It doesn't matter what anyone says.

Good luck and have fun.

ready for that beer yet TK?
Jerry

Mk1

You know we receive an education in the schools from books.  All those books that people became educated from twenty-five years ago, are wrong now, and those that are good now, will be wrong again twenty-five years from now.  So if they are wrong then, they are also wrong now, and the one who is educated from the wrong books is not educated, he is misled.  All books that are written are wrong, the one who is not educated cannot write a book and the one who is educated, is really not educated but he is misled and the one who is misled cannot write a book which is correct.
    The misleading began when our distant ancestors began to teach their descendants.  You know they knew nothing but they passed their knowledge of nothing to the coming generations and it went so innocently that nobody noticed it.  That is why we are not educated.
    Now I will tell you what education is according to my reasoning.  An educated person is one whose senses are refined.  We are born as brutes, we remain and die as the same if we do not become polished.  But all senses do not take polish.  Some are to coarse to take it.  The main base of education is one's "self-respect".  Any one lacking self-respect cannot be educated.  The main bases of self-respect is the willingness to learn, to do only the things that are good and right, to believe only in the things that can be proved, to possess appreciation and self control.
    Now, if you lack willingness to learn, you will remain as a brute and if you do things that are not good and right, you will be a low person, and if you believe in things that cannot be proved, any feeble  minded person can lead you, and if you lack appreciation, it takes away the incentive for good doing and if you lack self control you will never know the limit.
    So all those lacking these characteristics in their makeup are not educated.

Ed Leedskalnin, 1936.

utilitarian

Quote from: Mk1 on July 04, 2009, 10:42:28 PM
  You know we receive an education in the schools from books.  All those books that people became educated from twenty-five years ago, are wrong now, and those that are good now, will be wrong again twenty-five years from now.  So if they are wrong then, they are also wrong now, and the one who is educated from the wrong books is not educated, he is misled.  All books that are written are wrong, the one who is not educated cannot write a book and the one who is educated, is really not educated but he is misled and the one who is misled cannot write a book which is correct.
    The misleading began when our distant ancestors began to teach their descendants.  You know they knew nothing but they passed their knowledge of nothing to the coming generations and it went so innocently that nobody noticed it.  That is why we are not educated.
    Now I will tell you what education is according to my reasoning.  An educated person is one whose senses are refined.  We are born as brutes, we remain and die as the same if we do not become polished.  But all senses do not take polish.  Some are to coarse to take it.  The main base of education is one's "self-respect".  Any one lacking self-respect cannot be educated.  The main bases of self-respect is the willingness to learn, to do only the things that are good and right, to believe only in the things that can be proved, to possess appreciation and self control.
    Now, if you lack willingness to learn, you will remain as a brute and if you do things that are not good and right, you will be a low person, and if you believe in things that cannot be proved, any feeble  minded person can lead you, and if you lack appreciation, it takes away the incentive for good doing and if you lack self control you will never know the limit.
    So all those lacking these characteristics in their makeup are not educated.

Ed Leedskalnin, 1936.

Likewise, what you just said here is a form of teaching, and if it appeared in a book, it would be "education from books", and therefore it will also be wrong in 25 years, so why should we believe you now?

Mk1

Quote from: utilitarian on July 05, 2009, 12:51:14 AM
Likewise, what you just said here is a form of teaching, and if it appeared in a book, it would be "education from books", and therefore it will also be wrong in 25 years, so why should we believe you now?

Hi are you taking to me or to ED , actually its not a question of believing you can prove it to your self , he only showed us how ...

The man never said "it cannot be done !" he built a castle alone and never had to pay for electricity ...

Mark