Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Earth Electrical Energy Datalogging Experiments

Started by Pirate88179, July 14, 2009, 09:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

Hello everyone:

I started this topic at the suggestion of Electricme (Jim) who has posted scope shots of his earth battery.  He has noticed some interesting things about the waveforms and I will ask him to re post those pictures here.  Besides the interesting waveform, there appears to be many changes throughout the day, and week, and even month.

So, his idea was to have a place where folks from all over the world can make a simple earth battery and then take periodic measurements of the output on their scopes and post the results here.  This will be the central repository of this information.

We want to see if we can correlate these waveforms from all over our planet into some kind of pattern or patterns that are repeatable.  Maybe they are, maybe not.  With all of the lightning activity on our planet we might be able to see some correlation between storm activity, or earthquake activity on our scopes and maybe then we can make some sense of this data.

This will require only the making of a small, simple earth battery and to also have access to an oscilloscope with which to take the readings and then post your scope shots here, indicating the location and time of the shots.

Jim also wanted me to ask for any programmer out there who may have or can write a program we can use (free) to enable folks to use their sound cards on their computers to upload data as it comes in from the scopes.  Jim can speak more to this than I can so if you have any questions about this, pm Electricme with your questions.

I know of no university or research group anywhere in the world that has done a project like this so, everyone that participates will be helping to assemble data that has never been gathered before.

More to come...

Thank you,

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

electricme

@ ALL,

First of all, before I make my own thoughts known here, I would like to thank Bill (Pirate88179) for making this forum, a very big thank you Bill, TA.

As Bill mentioned in his above first post there seems to be a lack of Earth Energy data available and we want to see what really is going on between a set of probes stuck in the ground.

So how did this forum come into existence?

I was speaking to Bill on the phone about different matters, and the Earth Battery came up.
Over the last couple of years, I have made a few earth battery readings and I have been left more confused after each time.

To get to data, you need to make something to access it first, thankfully, this is the easy bit, so easy in fact their question arises, why hasn't anyone done this before, for the purpose of recording the electrical activity in the earth?

It is easy enough to make your own Earth Battery.
You will need two dissimilar metals, they could be Copper and Steel.
Copper and Aluminium
Carbon and Magnesium (give the best results) are able to produce more, but they are much more expensive.

But as Copper pipe is the easiest to get, use that and a length of Steel or Aluminium rod.

It seems the more cross sectional area that can be exposed in the earth, the better, and drive either into the ground with a hammer.

Before you do that, get a compass and look for "NORTH"  Put the copper pipe (electrode) in there.
Next step is the south, but connect a DMM (multimeter for newbies) and look for the highest reading, at that spot, drive the last electrode in there.

Now, how do we take a reading from our "new" EB or Earth Battery?

Easy, switch on the DMM, select the "voltage" range, and place the negative probe to the Steel or Aluminium electrode, put the Positave (RED) probe to the copper electrode, and you should see a very very small voltage.

You will not be able to light a torch bulb with it, but you should be able to see a WAVEFORM of the earths electrical activity, if you have a oscilloscope or if you have a datalogger, you could examine it from this.

How have I recorded the EE (Earths Energy).
Take a look see at the first photo, I hurriedly drew this up just now, it is a very basic way to see how what goes where.

I use my faithful old cro and record it by my mobile phone, on video or by photographing the cro image, then post here.

See below pics.
All the cro pics were taken at different days and times.

jim 
People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.

jeanna

Hi everybody,

These are harder to see than jim's.
They are all taken today july 14
The wave between the markers is 2.5MHz on all of them. They are just shown at different resolutions. closest in (first) to farthest away ( last).
South of Seattle WA

jeanna

electricme

@ all,

So far my experience with earth energy is taking some photos of my cro displaying what they see connected to my earth battery.

When I look at the waveforms, they are constantly moving, they do not stand still.
They can rise upward, or reduce in height, sections of the wave can be seen to move slowly, or in other cases move rapidly.

Other times the same setup shows waveforms that are rounded at the top of the wave, it can be flat at other times.
Again, the same setup might show a rippling, and I have seen the wave form bounce or oscillate, it might do this slowly or fast.
A couple of years ago I even saw ringing in the same setup.

So it constantly changes, it is never the same from hour to hour or day to day, it is in a constant flux.

So what is happening here? I havent a clue, and I want to know and share what I do know with others who might want to join this topic.

I will make a few more posts, then see what happens.

jim

People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.

Pirate88179

@ Jim:

This was a great idea you had for this topic.  I hope we can get data from many other areas on our planet to compare.

@ Jeanna:

Thank you for posting your shots.  I will do so soon as well.  I think this will really tell us something.  I also want to take measurements during a storm, not a close one but, while one is in the area just to see what, if any, difference we might see.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen