Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Organic grown Carbon Nano Tubes

Started by onthecuttingedge2005, August 02, 2009, 07:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthecuttingedge2005

I have come to the conclusion that it may be possible for Plant Fibers to be grown into perfect Carbon Nano Tube structures and then be manufactured for materials.

some Plant tissues are very close to Carbon Nano Tube structures and slight modifications to the genetics of the plant genes would allow us to simply grow bulk Carbon Nano Tubes for the Industries.

also by specialized plant tissue dissolving it is possible to separate the carbon nano tube structures from each other to help simplify manufacturing processes.

Genetically modified Bamboo or maybe Acacia that contain longer tissue skeletons could provide for long stands, it would be more of a benefit to modify the Genetics of Bamboo since some species can grow up to 3ft a day.

Jerry ;)

the_big_m_in_ok

onthecuttingedge2005 said:
I have come to the conclusion that it may be possible for Plant Fibers to be grown into perfect Carbon Nano Tube structures and then be manufactured for materials.
Hey Jerry,
Do you know how to standardize a particular production process?  Plant cellulose is naturally wildly random in composition and polymeric structure.  Obtaining uniform production runs may be difficult.

(My Dad was an aerospace engineer before he retired, and, as a result, propellant engineering is personally one of my strong interests to this day.)

--Lee 
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

onthecuttingedge2005

Quote from: the_big_m_in_ok on August 02, 2009, 08:44:04 PM
onthecuttingedge2005 said:Hey Jerry,
Do you know how to standardize a particular production process?  Plant cellulose is naturally wildly random in composition and polymeric structure.  Obtaining uniform production runs may be difficult.

(My Dad was an aerospace engineer before he retired, and, as a result, propellant engineering is personally one of my strong interests to this day.)

--Lee

Hi Big M.

I would assume by replacing the cellulose genetics which give it its skeletal structure can be replaced with an actual Carbon Nano Tube imprint at its seed level, it would require a lab with all the genetic tools at hand to even start removing and replacing the imprint shell/coat with a Carbon Nano Tube shell/coat for starters. the seed coat contains genetic information as well as the cotyledon inside the seed itself.

it would be no easy task but I think it could be done with a good genetics professor at hand.

it would have to be the specific genetics that determine the Skeletal cellulose structure that would have to be replaced either over time through hybridising or maybe all at once.

I am a jack of all sciences so I am not really an expert in anyone field but I do know enough of every field to get myself in trouble, it comes in handy when trying to find solutions but in the end it requires an expert in that field to figure things out.

I am pretty sure it has to be done at the seed level.

Jerry ;)

the_big_m_in_ok

onthecuttingedge2005 said:
I would assume by replacing the cellulose genetics which give it its skeletal structure can be replaced with an actual Carbon Nano Tube imprint at its seed level, it would require a lab with all the genetic tools at hand to even start removing and replacing the imprint shell/coat with a Carbon Nano Tube shell/coat for starters.  ...  it would be no easy task but I think it could be done with a good genetics professor at hand.
Another of my interests is genealogy, evolutionary biology, and ethnic origins, so I think I can be definite in pointing out: what you suggest would qualify for a Nobel Prize.  Researchers today only change one or to genes at a time in an organism.  Not remove them entirely on a wholesale level.  That may make unpredictable, even fatal changes.

I am a jack of all sciences so I am not really an expert in anyone field but I do know enough of every field to get myself in trouble, it comes in handy when trying to find solutions but in the end it requires an expert in that field to figure things out.
Okay, good, I agree.  I just don't know if anyone would admit to doing what you suggest.  Some people might accuse the researcher of *playing God*.

--Lee

"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

infringer

truth be told nanotech is still in its birthing state it needs some evolution.

it is a tuff an expensive thing to make with current tech but in time...

Finally I would love for someone to test rochell salt piezoelectric crystals to increase output on solar cells.
REGISTER AND BECOME A MEMBER RIGHT NOW!!!!!
........::::::::: http://www.energyinfringer.com  :::::::::........

"""""""everything is energy and energy is everything""""""

-infringer-