Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Ping pong ball tube

Started by Comassion, October 28, 2009, 12:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comassion

Actually, you are indeed displacing water equal to the volume of the ball - you're just doing it at a different time - specifically, between your last and second to last pictures, when you take the hollow tube while it is raised and put it back down into the water.  Just because you do it when there is equivalent negative displacement elsewhere in the tank doesn't mean you spend no effort on displacing the water.

allcanadian

@comassion
Quote:
"Actually, you are indeed displacing water equal to the volume of the ball - you're just doing it at a different time - specifically, between your last and second to last pictures, when you take the hollow tube while it is raised and put it back down into the water.  Just because you do it when there is equivalent negative displacement elsewhere in the tank doesn't mean you spend no effort on displacing the water."

Let's look at where any displacement could occur?
In the third tube from the left the tube rises up from around the weight therefore any displacement in the tank must be equal to the difference in diameters of the tube and weight. We will say the tube is microns thick so the change in the level of the tank is equal to a few drops of water---- essentially zero.
Next consider the picture where the weight rises from the water and the tube is pushed into the water----at exactly the same rate. Any real change in displacement would raise or lower the tank level. If the weight rises incrementally from the tank at the same rate as the tube falls incrementally into the tank then the tank level would not change thus there is no real displacement. The volume of tube entering the tank is equal to the volume of the weight leaving the tank on a microsecond to microsecond basis, the tube enters the water at the same speed as the weight leaves the water-- the tank level cannot change thus no real displacement of water in the context of the tank.

Quote:
"Just because you do it when there is equivalent negative displacement elsewhere in the tank doesn't mean you spend no effort on displacing the water."

Ah, now you are adding variables that have no context in my statements, I did not mention anything in regards to effort or work as it is not relevant to this topic. As I said in my last post I make no reference to gains (or losses) of any kind, I am stating the weight can enter the bottom of the tank with little or no displacement of the water in the tank--period. I did this in response to many people stating it is impossible--apparently it is quite easy. Maybe someone should send this to that Donald Simanek skeptic site, he seems to think this is impossible.
This machine does have one issue which I thought was obvious but----maybe it is not obvious to everyone.
Regards
AC

Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

Creativity

@allcanadian

Well, what will u do when there is no pipe in the water as in first from the left case? Obviously pushing a pipe into the tank all the way in, is a required and necessary precondition for placing the weight under the water according to ur scheme. Even when not taking any forces into consideration to get into the first stage of your experiment for the first time u basically displace the volume of the weight upfront of placing it under water.  With no weight rising to compensate ur water tank level rises => displacement happens.

I do agree with the rest of ur scheme with compensation, just to start the scheme u need to displace :)
Blues it through your outstanding life,leaving more than just footsteps behind (1999 B-stok by me).

By being intensively responsive to what others say,i do run a risk: I open myself up to the opinions of others.i will,at times, have a great understanding for their opinion.Sometimes,i will even change my own opinion because i realize that the other person is right.This "risk" i do not run if i am unresponsive to what others say.

allcanadian

@Creativity
Quote:
"Well, what will u do when there is no pipe in the water as in first from the left case? Obviously pushing a pipe into the tank all the way in, is a required and necessary precondition for placing the weight under the water according to ur scheme. Even when not taking any forces into consideration to get into the first stage of your experiment u basically displace the volume of the weight upfront of placing it under water.  With no weight rising to compensate ur water tank level rises => displacement happens.
I do agree with the rest of ur scheme with compensation, just to start the scheme u need to displace"

You make some good points, again I want to state I am not claiming anything, I like to look at complex problems and find creative solutions. In my first post I stated the tube has neutral boyancy and this means the tube must have a weight equal to the water it displaces. In this case if the tube displaces 10 liters of water it must weigh 10 kg, in the context of this thought experiment I would use a super thin tube of unobtanium. If the weight of the tube is 10kg and it displaces 10 liters then the tube neither sinks nor floats when fully submerged in the tank. It should also be noted that when the movable weight is in the water tank (outside the tube) that the tube is out of the water thus a 10kg tube would have 1kg of length not in the water. As well the movable weight "MUST" rest on the bottom of the tank or external pressure from below would force it back into the tube, the external water pressure acts in all directions as a pressure gradient. There is something very strange which happens in this device that nobody has mentioned yet?
Regards
AC
Knowledge without Use and Expression is a vain thing, bringing no good to its possessor, or to the race.

mr_bojangles

@allcan

will not the air inside the tube make it extremely buoyant?

the tube might be neutral, but that's only if its filled with water
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields