Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Geothermal COP is at least 4!

Started by Evogreen, November 16, 2009, 11:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthecuttingedge2005

Quote from: Evogreen on November 17, 2009, 11:31:00 PM
Thanks for the reply Jerry.  Yeah i did some reading and can see that it is not feasable to use a goethermal system for generating electricity.  But lets not forget how great they are for small home heating and cooling. I can't think of a better way to heat and cool your home.  No other heating system offers you a COP of 4!  I hope to own a home in the near future that is heated and cooled by geothermal.  I would love to get rid of my Gas bill and also not have to worry about CO2 poisioning!

Evan
evogreen.ca

Hi Evan.

did you know that Aerogel has a heat insulation efficiency of 99.8%, if your entire house was insulated with it you could heat your home all day with a mere lit candle.

insulating your home with Aerogel panels would cost you about the same as a top rate Geothermal heating and cooling.

the Aerogel would keep heat out at an efficiency of 99.8% as well as keep it in at the same efficiency.

With Geothermal heating and cooling you would have a monstrosity of equipment outside your home where as Aerogel can be embedded in your walls.

Jerry 8)

Azorus

I had read a while back about how Iceland was using geothermal, even on the residential level.  You could look up something about that.

Evogreen

Quotedid you know that Aerogel has a heat insulation efficiency of 99.8%, if your entire house was insulated with it you could heat your home all day with a mere lit candle.
insulating your home with Aerogel panels would cost you about the same as a top rate Geothermal heating and cooling.
the Aerogel would keep heat out at an efficiency of 99.8% as well as keep it in at the same efficiency.
With Geothermal heating and cooling you would have a monstrosity of equipment outside your home where as Aerogel can be embedded in your walls.

Jerry

Is Aerogel commercially available?  Sounds very interesting where could i learn more about it?  I know geothermal can do the job i want and it is easily available to me.  The canadian government will even help pay for the installation of a geothermal system to the tune of $8750 cdn.  However i have never heard of Aerogel.  Do you know of anyone who has their home insulated with it?  Or is this a product still in development?

Also a geothermal unit sits inside the home and is about the same size as a standard furnace no monstrous equipment outside.  The pipes that are outside are burried so you don't even see them.

Evan
www.evogreen.ca

onthecuttingedge2005

Aerogel has been known for decades, there was no demand for it except in the space industries, why it never took off into the public domain is a mystery to me. in the scientific community it has always been a mysterious wonderment of material.

currently only space agencies and maybe some military applications have a demand for it and some small time laboratories.

it is a little expensive but not totally out of reach for the public domain, it is really not that hard to make it, it would become really cheap with more public demand because this is what drives the costs up or down.

you can look up Aerogel on wiki or do a google search on Aerogel, there are a lot of hits on the subject.

the process can also be made to make different types of Aerogels with different properties by doping the Aerogels with other elements.

currently with industrial demand Aerogel manufacturers only make small square panels anywhere from a few inches to about 1 foot square, the people making these panels are small time corporations that don't have the financial backup to make a full blown Aerogel Insulating plants on a mass scale. large industry.

using Aerogel as an energy insulator can save billions of dollars in wasted energy used to heat or to cool homes, warehouses, industrial plants.

it would actually reduce the amount of energy we use yearly, sometimes power grids are overloaded by people running there AC units all at once causing the system to shut down because their insulation doesn't have the proper efficiency to reduce use of energy that's not even needed.

Aerogel is more of a state of the art type insulation.

demand it and it will become more convenient and less costly.

anyone can buy Aerogel but like I said, it's a little costly and somebody would probably go cheaper, go cheaper and you get what you pay for, less efficiency as far as insulation is concerned.

with Aerogel you would never need an AC unit because it is so efficient that by simply adjusting an open window in your house would cool or heat the home.

Jerry ;)

Azorus

Jerry is right.  I looked it up on the web and had two companies that can deliver in appr. one week.  Thanks Jerry!