Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

DIY ACID FREE CARBON BATTERIES

Started by Bizzy, February 23, 2011, 11:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b_rads

Quote from: Pirate88179 on March 22, 2011, 09:44:07 AM
Brad:

Wow, you have been doing some great work over here.  Very impressive stuff.  I will have go back and get caught up but just from what I have read on the last page it appears things are going well.  Excellent progress.

Bill
Thank you Bill for your kind words.  My mission is to get maximum results from the cheapest materials available and simplicity so that anyone could replicate my results.
I have been looking at circuits that could exploit the small amount of energy produced by these cells and last night I did the one shown below.  This circuit will turn on at 0.3ma and the circuit voltage drop is very small.  I used one of the air cells shown in my last post.  Open circuit is 1.4v and on the circuit voltage drops to 1.2v.  I know the pot looks to be on the wrong side of the circuit, but placing it on the positive rail dropped the circuit about 0.5v.  This was very exciting for me and I can’t wait to try it on one of my conduit or penny cells this weekend.  I will update results next week.
Thanks
Brad S

b_rads

@all
Here is my simplified method for making the penny cell battery as promised.
1.   Pennies from the Bank.  Sort the pennies and select only those minted after 1982.  I have already accumulated a baggie full of 1982 and older pennies that are almost all copper.  Clean pennies with Goo Gone and/or ketchup.
2.   With my dremel I use a small grinding stone on the edges to remove the copper plating.  The copper plating comes off very easy.  Take 2 pennies and remove the plating off the face of each.  These pennies will become the beginning and ending penny in the stack.
3.   Drill a small hole in one of the pennies and secure copper wire to this penny by winding through and around the hole.
4.   Using a piece of coffee filter, stack the pennies in a holder.  I made mine from a piece of pvc and Plexiglas.  Roll the filter around the stack.  I use the small plastic zip ties to hold the whole thing together, and then wrap another piece of filter paper around the whole unit.
5.   This is the penny stack completed.  Use the instructions posted in the download section and replace the conduit anode with the penny anode.
6.   This is a completed penny cell.
I am now well over 40 days of using 4 of these cells to light 9 5mm white LED’s connected directly without any circuitry.  The intensity of the light has diminished considerably, but they are still lit.  I will let them go until they stop completely and then disassemble one of the cells to see what is going on.
Thanks - Brad S.

Taylor1992

What happens if you make a cell with conduit center with carbon around it, THEN put the separator, and then more carbon around the separator, and then the outer electrode? Will it be a battery with high internal surface area, or a capacitor like these new boost caps they have out? Maybe you can just make capacitors instead of batteries that don't go bad?

If it does work as a capacitor, maybe try stainless steel for the electrodes or maybe even a carbon core from a zinc/carbon D-cell battery. I'll test it within a month if no one else does when I have some free time.