Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Global Warming

Started by PaulLowrance, November 25, 2009, 08:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulLowrance

I fail to see your point, how any of this is going to be so terrible. What's new about people, groups, cities, counties, states, and even countries making an agreement to try and do something good? How in the world is that giving up our sovereignty?

Do you think laws for car traffic, such as stop signs destroyed your sovereignty? How is laws & regulations for climate change going to destroy our sovereignty? Laws are meant to be adjusted, changed, and even removed if need be.

Why not present your case. Saying scary things, scare tactics, etc. without evidence & logic is not going to work on smart people. As far as I can see, the only group that should have to worry about the summit is Big Oil!

Paul

Azorus

It says in in black and white Paul.  The GEO will be created out of the treaty.  To fund the GEO each supporting nation will provide 2% of their GDP, also developed nations will provide more.  The goal of the GEO is to provide financial assistance to developing countries only if the accept the GEO's policies and rules on developments.  The GEO will be a governing body for all nations that sign the treaty.  That is bad by the way.  If you do not accept the GEO's policies the nation will be punished financially according to the GEO.  Who elects the GEO officials?  does not say in the treaty.  where is the checks and balances in the geo system?  does not say.   

It is scary when you have a government that presides over you that you have not elected.  It is also scary when you are taking 2% of an economies GDP.  That is a lot of money that can go back into said countries economy for green tech, but instead it will be used to fund the GEO, it does not say that money will go to fund GEO projects, instead that money will come from carbon trades.  So again that it is scary because 2% of our GDP may sound small but that is billions of dollars.  Look at small countries where there GDP is around a billion dollars, to them it is nothing because 2% of nothing is nothing.  Really I can not see why small countries would not sign it because it has nothing to do with human rights, instead it just focuses on the countries carbon emissions.  Seriously this sounds like a good idea to you?

In the treaties current form I can not see why any developed country would see this as a good idea.  I do agree that we need to clean up the enviroment, but this treaty in current form is not the answer.

ResinRat2

Quote from: PaulLowrance on December 10, 2009, 09:49:56 AM
I fail to see your point, how any of this is going to be so terrible. What's new about people, groups, cities, counties, states, and even countries making an agreement to try and do something good? How in the world is that giving up our sovereignty?
Paul

See, this is the problem. You cannot see the danger right in front of you. Nations will be surrendering authority to a global entity that will have power over every person in that nation. You, as a person inside the borders of that nation, are surrendering your right to object to any decrees that entity decides to force nations to obey.

What if they decided you could only have one child, doesn't that fall into the realm of saving the planet? What if they decide you should have NO children, and institute forced abortions? What if they decide you should only drive cars that they feel you are allowed to have, or what temperature you need to keep you home at? How about how much water you can use? How about even what size home you could own?

How about your employment? Many companies blow off plenty of greenhouse gases. What if it was decided your job should end, without any avenue to grievance you are trapped and must obey. You are surrendering your rights to choose in many other areas. Yet, you will have no place to exercise your grievance because they are a global entity. You don't vote for any of the bureaucrats in charge, and you never will. It will become a whole new layer of authority over your life that you would have no control over; and your country won't protect you because it will sign it's authority, by Treaty, over to this global entity. You are in effect giving away your protections and rights that you have in your government right now.

But of course you will not see. You are blinded by your ambition to save the planet, just as these yokos planned for you to act. Like a puppet giving it all away.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

Cap-Z-ro

Yeah, be smart...not stupid or "mentally ill".

*shakes head*

PaulLowrance

Quote from: Azorus on December 10, 2009, 10:05:04 AM
It says in in black and white Paul.  The GEO will be created out of the treaty.  To fund the GEO each supporting nation will provide 2% of their GDP, also developed nations will provide more.  The goal of the GEO is to provide financial assistance to developing countries only if the accept the GEO's policies and rules on developments.  The GEO will be a governing body for all nations that sign the treaty.  That is bad by the way.

I don't see your logic. Why is it bad to have a group govern a good cause? Seriously, how? You would want to group leadership? Maybe Santa Claus should do it. Maybe every company in the world should do away with the CEO. Maybe every country should do away with their president. Maybe we should go back to the cave days. You think they're going to suddenly start telling you how to brush your teeth, and take over the white house, and kick Arnold Swarchenegger out of office, etc.?

Quote from: Azorus on December 10, 2009, 10:05:04 AMIf you do not accept the GEO's policies the nation will be punished financially according to the GEO.
Those are called laws & regulations that a country would agree upon. If you country starts poising the air again, don't you think they should pay to clean it up?

Quote from: Azorus on December 10, 2009, 10:05:04 AMWho elects the GEO officials?  does not say in the treaty.  where is the checks and balances in the geo system?  does not say.

The truth is there are & have been truckloads of laws & regulations between countries, and for a good reason. There's no such thing as a perfect law, but laws evolve over time.

Paul