Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Calling all serious TPU builders

Started by EMdevices, December 11, 2009, 02:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wattsup

@aragox

I think @gyulasun is very right. As a control, just put the square wave positive directly onto the first coil (no negative pulse) and measure at the output. High frequency pulsing is very tricky because you think everything on the circuit is causing the effect when in many cases, the same effect is available directly. Producing voltage is very easy in such cases.

@EM

Where the F have you been.

aragox

Hi All, Thanks for the reply.
I did try few suggestions, Gy, the DC straight to the coil did give me only 0.17 vdc at the out
same parameters input.
but at several hertz (low freq) the in= out.
I did two test at 0.4vpp Sq 50% ratio, and 1.5dc on top of the 0.4vac pp
Note on the Pictures I am taking the output at the Drain.
0.4 vpp should not conduct the mosfet!.especially passing the diac threshold :-\
maybe several of this circuit in cascade might increase the output.
an other thing I don't mention any current value. should be in the ma range.
I am going to invest more around various similar design.

I guess my test is to get a very low voltage at the input and get kw's at the output for self power gen.
Erol

aragox

gyulasun

Hi Erol,

I edited a little your previous schematic to show input waveforms and that no need for the input capacitor, you can directly connect the gate electrode to the output of the square wave generator. Both A and B waveform I drew are ok for driving directly the FET, the waveform B that has no negative portion would be good also for wattsup suggestion when you omit the FET and the generator output would go directly to the coil input where the drain electrode was earlier and the generator ground to the 1uF's cap negative point of course as earlier.  Try to control the output voltage level of the generator, both in case with the FET and without the FET, to check how the DC output depends on the input AC amplitude.
With the FET in place, you may find a generator output amplitude beyond which the DC output would not increase any significantly but a little. IF your FET's gate-source threshold voltage, VTH is around (say) 3V, then the optimal square wave amplitude may be between 3-3.5V maximum with respect to the zero line, waveform B in the drawing, and 6-7V peak to peak if you  have waveform A coming from the generator.
In case you do not use the series capacitor between the generator output and the FET gate, then you drive the FET from the generator low impedance output, the FET self capacitances can charge up and discharge more rapidly, and when you use the series capacitor then you drive the FET with a higher impedance (the 180nF or the earlier 1uF coupling isolates a little) and the FET self capacitances can charge up or discharge slowerly, all this affects the output DC voltage.

Please check how much the DC output voltage across the 1uF capacitor is loadable: when you measure say 16-17V DC output, place say a 10kOhm resistor across the capacitor and watch the voltmeter, ok? This way you can judge how the output is loadable and how much hard work you need to do for getting higher output power.

rgds,  Gyula

NOTICE 1:  If you place the LED to the drain as you show, then keep in mind that it has a forward voltage drop of 3.2V if it a white or a 1.6-1.7V drop if it is a red LED, this means the DC voltage across the 1uF output cap cannot be higher than the forward voltage drop  of the LED, ok?

NOTICE 2:  what kind of diac do you speak of?  In your schematic there is nowhere any diac...  and if you mean it is in the FET, forget it and study the equivalent schematic of a power MOSFET.

Quote from: aragox on October 19, 2010, 08:56:54 PM
Hi All, Thanks for the reply.
I did try few suggestions, Gy, the DC straight to the coil did give me only 0.17 vdc at the out
same parameters input.
but at several hertz (low freq) the in= out.
I did two test at 0.4vpp Sq 50% ratio, and 1.5dc on top of the 0.4vac pp
Note on the Pictures I am taking the output at the Drain.
0.4 vpp should not conduct the mosfet!.especially passing the diac threshold :-\
maybe several of this circuit in cascade might increase the output.
an other thing I don't mention any current value. should be in the ma range.
I am going to invest more around various similar design.

I guess my test is to get a very low voltage at the input and get kw's at the output for self power gen.
Erol

wattsup

I forgot to mention, if you pulse directly onto the coils that only has 10 turns and 10 turns, you then have to reduce the pulse width to around 10%. In many cases 50% pulse width will just kill the effect, but using the 50% on your present circuit may work because the device is absorbing some of the width. You are just using more input energy. Pulsing at only 50% duty width is like inspecting the ocean when you can only go knee deep in water. You have to be able to adjust that parameter otherwise you miss out on learning so much more about pulsing.