Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Historical reference to the invalidity of the C speed limit

Started by void109, September 23, 2010, 04:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

void109

I ran across this article awhile back and it is still not sitting well with me. 

It is a wikipedia entry here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Wheatstone

If you scroll down to the section titled "Velocity of electricity" where it describes an experiment he conducted in the 1800's, maybe you can shed some light on some questions.

1) His experiment implies that electricity, travels from both ends to the middle.  Conventional theory I believe states that electricity is the flow of electrons from one source to the other, here he uses two leyden jars at each end of the wire, and the terminal wires spark before the gap in the very center of the wire, indicating something flowing from both ends of the wire to meet in the middle.

If his claimed observation is true, is this evidence that our electron flow theory of electricity is incorrect?

2) The article states that from this experiment he measured a speed of 288,000 miles per second.  And then states that in "today's electrodynamics is an impossible value", which isn't saying that he was wrong.  I've heard Dollard say that longitudinal propogation is pi/2 * c, which would be close to this mans measurement.

If his measurement technique was not flawed, is this evidence that c is in fact NOT a limit to information transmission speed?