Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Nuclear Batteries

Started by czimborbryan, January 20, 2010, 09:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthecuttingedge2005

Quote from: leo48 on January 22, 2010, 05:09:34 PM
The Pu is an extremely poisonous over toxic than radiation.The Cassini spacecraft is powered by 2 nuclear batteries which give about 500 W each.

But yet all Cassini developers survived building it, it has to do with safety factors, if you don't have safety factors then it is hazardous other wise it is totally safe. this is a fact.

the number one rule: Safety first!

Isotope studies are my favorite subjects in Chemistry. I love Nuclear Chemistry.

Jerry ;)

czimborbryan

I just found info that the Cassini battery can produce 700 watts for at least 11 years.

I didn't find out the weight to power ratio  or even the dimensions of the RTG (radioisotope thermoelectric generator) battery.  However, NASA's documentation did state that the plutonium was a small amount... whatever that means.

onthecuttingedge2005

Cassini had 3 RTG's with a total of 32.9kg of Plutonium.

Nali2001

jadaro2600

Most thermonuclear junction batteries and their derivatives are step down joule thief circuits..often they have an electromagnetic reed switch instead of a transistor ..they collect voltage, and at a defined rate, the switch clicks on and pulses through a coil - using a small transformer they charge a capacitor and discharge as a normal battery would.

In other words, they would behave as a lead acid, in that they would have a cranking amp rating, then a continuous discharge rating.  One would not be able to differentiate the source electricity from a car battery.

A good example of utilizing the eV's derived from a nuclear source would be to supply a high voltage low current device.  ..this is impractical so long as we're mainly using the reciprocal, higher current lower voltage.  Therefor this conversion takes place.

It would be advisable to fisrt develope a high voltage, low current device before building a high voltage low current battery.

This is a primary reason for avoiding the particular use of radical elements.

Americium and other radioactive elements can be used which produce less volatile radioactive decay with similar effects.

I once though that if every gram of radioactive waste were properly utilized, we would have no use for their storage facilities - the elements would be utilized from cradle to grave, so to speak.

The device pictured above looks as haphazard as it gets!

There's probably enough radioactive waste in America to power America.