Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulsed DC Transformer with Embedded Magnets

Started by ltseung888, February 24, 2010, 03:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sigma16

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: sigma16 on January 13, 2011, 11:30:27 PM
Wilby:

Still got this dog?
ahh grumpy... still hard at it with logical fallacies i see. some things never change. what does your irrelevant interjection have to do with the discussion at hand?
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

spinn_MP

"You measure the current drop across 1 of the resistors in parallel as shown and multiply times the number of resistors as stated. That gives you a true RMS current reading. When it comes to measuring power, current is the one that matters most. I can make a million volts of useless static and can't do much with it without a vacuum tube containing a gas to convert it into current."

Ok, I'm not going into the debate about your measurement techniques... Under some conditions, the multi-parallel resistors are valid (considering the dissipation and temperature characteristics of the resistor, for instance).
But I can ass-ure you, that a single (carefully selected) resistor is the simplest and the most reliable way to go, for an adequate I to V measurements of the complex signals, in combination with the RIGHT measurement procedures (multipoint/4 wire, etc... methods). Just look up the "shunt resistor tech", and everything related.

For your "Voltage speed" and similar stuff, you should definitely contact Mr. Omnibot...

TinselKoala

Quote from: quarktoo on January 13, 2011, 08:16:39 PM
For the last time.

I claimed you measure the current drop, not the voltage drop. Look that the schematic you keep referring to "AMP METER/SCOPE"

Here since you can't read I say it again:
b]"AMP METER/SCOPE"
[/b]
Measuring a CURRENT DROP ????  l laugh in your face.

Need a current probe that converts that current into voltage and measure it on your scope:

http://www.shopwiki.com/current+probe+oscilloscope
Still haven't learned to read, I see. I am amply supplied with current probes and sophisticated oscilloscopes and I know how to use them.

When you measure current drop across 1 resistor, you get a phased reading since resistive elements phase current and voltage. The more resistors you have IN PARALLEL, the better phased it gets.
Please explain the phase relationship between current and voltage in a purely resistive element.  Please include a reference, so we all know that you aren't just making shit up.
Because there are several people reading this thread who seem to believe that current and voltage in a resistive element is always exactly in phase.

No wonder you Canadians never contributed anything to humanity besides hockey pucks, square head screws and easy chicks. Learn to read.
What makes you think I am Canadian? And your statement here shows classic bigotry and chauvinism. Besides, I can read quite well, clearly better than you can.
If you connect your current probe to your scope, measure the current drop across one of the resistors, you will have the current measurement for a true RMS reading. That is all I wrote son.
How far down your throat can you stick that foot? Current drop across one of the resistors in a parallel stack. I am laughing in my coffee at you, POPS. (By the way, I was born in 1952.)
QuoteYou need to show a little respect for your elders. I was fixing display writer boards in the 80's and averaging around $5000 an hour since we and IBM were the only ones smart enough to fix their boards at the time.
I don't need to show respect for anyone with your bigotry and predjudice and obvious lack of electronic knowledge. You want respect from me, earn it, by SHOWING SOMETHING THAT WORKS according to your "theories".

My favorite was a capacitor replacement that cost us a penny, took less than 60 seconds to replace and 3 minutes to test. $750  - half the cost of a new board from IBM.

Those were the good old days.

Thank you for revealing your "honest" business practices.

TinselKoala

Quote from: quarktoo on January 13, 2011, 09:57:14 PM
@ XS-NRG

Hey buddy - Thanks for the troll assist but I can fry my own Canadian bacon and your comments are only clouding the debate.

I wrote what I meant and my argument stands. Once TinselKoala's frozen brain learns to read, he will make that apology or be written off as just another idiot lacking integrity. I would prefer to not have to write him off since he is smart albeit the reading and comprehension problem.

You measure the current drop across 1 of the resistors in parallel as shown and multiply times the number of resistors as stated. That gives you a true RMS current reading.
HAH hah hah. NO it doesn't. If you look at the signal on an oscilloscope--- you do have one don't you?-- you will see that you get the entire current waveform, in the form of the VOLTAGE DIFFERENCE between one end and the other end of the resistor STACK. You may then read the RMS current in several ways. Your "RMS" meter is likely optimized to show the RMS current of a 60 Hz sine wave signal, and if you have it hooked up ACROSS a resistor you are measuring a VOLTAGE DROP, no matter what the dial on the meter might say. To measure CURRENT directly, the meter must be in strict SERIES with the current you are measuring. And if your signal isn't sinusoidal your "true RMS" meter is going to be lying to you.
What will you do if your resistors do not have EXACTLY the same value? Your method will not work then at all, because you DO NOT UNDERSTAND how to calculate the resistance of a set of parallel resistors, and you don't seem to understand that your resistance (current, or voltage drop) reading will be across ALL the resistors in your stack using your hookup diagram.

When it comes to measuring power, current is the one that matters most. I can make a million volts of useless static and can't do much with it without a vacuum tube containing a gas to convert it into current.
Idiot. Power is Current x Voltage. You cannot say that one is more important than the other. Just because YOU don't know what to do with static electricity high voltages does NOT mean that other, more creative and more intelligent persons can't use it effectively. Take a look at my static electricity videos (too many to link here) in which I show static generators making hundreds of thousands of volts, charging up capacitors, powering motors of various kinds, lighting up lamps, and so on. NOT A VACUUM TUBE in the mix anywhere, unless you count the little xenon flash tube that I fire with... yes.... a high-current discharge, from a capacitor bank charged with static electricity.
Here's just one little demo of the power of static electricity and the ease of use:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpemKuf6X_c&NR=1