Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How to smoke Lorentz

Started by dieter, April 04, 2014, 05:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dieter

MarkE,

First if all, there's no reason to open a champagne bottle and celebrate a party, only because I was wrong.  ;D At least I have the balls to confess my mistake. I have never seen such a behaviour of a PM before, insofar it is quite extraordinary.

Second, I do not agree with your last posting. "My" iron wire is a coil, and any coil can cause a bfield when a current is induced. whether this bfield is attracting or repellung the inducing PM is a matter of the winding, CW or CCW. Therefor, any induced coil can be built in a supportive and in a anti-supportive way. This however may not be enough to overcome the lorentz force, but nevertheless, it makes sense to me.
Contrairy to my observations of the micro wave oven PM Asymmetry, the potentially supportive force of a coil (no matter if copper or iron) will be reversed, depending on whether the coil is moving closer or moving further away from the magnet.

Basicly, my thesis persists, even if my observation was caused by said PM  (which is a yet to be investigated anomaly IMHO)

Regards

dieter

Unfort. I cannot edit the earlier posts in this thread, so I have to make this clear:

I was totally out of my mind when I wrote that. Of course it is not true that the windung direction only causes attraction vs repulsion... Lenz's law makes clear, it is the opposite.

Sorry folks for posting rubbish, but that magnet used to confuse me quite a lot, ...  :-X

MarkE

Quote from: dieter on April 05, 2014, 01:43:07 PM
MarkE,

First if all, there's no reason to open a champagne bottle and celebrate a party, only because I was wrong.  ;D At least I have the balls to confess my mistake. I have never seen such a behaviour of a PM before, insofar it is quite extraordinary.

Second, I do not agree with your last posting. "My" iron wire is a coil, and any coil can cause a bfield when a current is induced. whether this bfield is attracting or repellung the inducing PM is a matter of the winding, CW or CCW. Therefor, any induced coil can be built in a supportive and in a anti-supportive way. This however may not be enough to overcome the lorentz force, but nevertheless, it makes sense to me.
Contrairy to my observations of the micro wave oven PM Asymmetry, the potentially supportive force of a coil (no matter if copper or iron) will be reversed, depending on whether the coil is moving closer or moving further away from the magnet.

Basicly, my thesis persists, even if my observation was caused by said PM  (which is a yet to be investigated anomaly IMHO)

Regards
Whether a straight, twisted, curled, zig-zagged or any shape you like, a wire carrying a current or not does not form a magnetic monopole.

Floor

@dieter

I'll say this much,  the magnetic force around a SINGLE DC current carrying wire
does differ significantly from the force around a permanent magnet or a coil of wire.

The force circulates in one direction only.   It may be that it spirals as well.
This does not I think,  constitute a magnetic monopole. But I think it is still worth pondering.

floor

dieter

Thanks Floor, actually I knew that already, It gets more complicated when the coil is made of iron, as the iron will redirect the b-field to flow in parallel with the current, if the insulation acts as an airgap. At least I guess so...  :)

Regards