Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Selfmade powerful DIY Nickel Zinc Accumulator

Started by hartiberlin, January 11, 2013, 12:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

profitis

it will be anode 2Zn=2Zn2+ + 4e- 0.7v and cathode PbO2 + SO4-- + 4H+ +4e- =PbSO4 + 2H2O 1.6v. Total voltage should be round 2v depending on acidity(ammonium sulfate is slightly acid).alum may be better(slightly more acid).dont use sulfuric acid as it will eat zinc plate too fast.prep your cathode by passing current btween a lead plate and a carbon rod in sulfuric acid solution beforehand, then rinse.carbon must be connected to the negative terminal of your power source and give up hydrogen bubbles.

hartiberlin

Well I am going away from Nickel Zinc batteries to Do It Yourself...

It is just too complicated and I will better work now on the Graphite-Zincoxide rechargeable batteries,
see the example here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39rxgQ-7VOo

and the theory, sorry only in German language:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX20Mvdebak

Regards, Stefan.

Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

hartiberlin

By the way, 3 days ago I almost burned up my kitchen when I tried to open up a still pretty much charged NiMH Double A
battery !

I did not know, that the Hydride metal stuff in the NiMH negative electrode can SELF-IGNITE when coming in contact with air
and thus I was lucky, that I did this experiment at my sink and not in my living room or balcony...

SO NEVER OPEN UP A CHARGED UP NIMH BATTERY CELL !

Have a look here and please SHARE this knowledge with your Facebook friends and spread it widely to not
cause any fires and damages !

P.S: I just wanted to extract the Nickel metal electrode from this NiMH cell, but it just heated up when
I tried to unwrapp the cell and self ignited the diaphragma paper and just burned up pretty hot.

ALso my kitchen was full of smoke, so I probably breathed a lot of bad fumes...

So be very carefull with handling fully charged up NiMH batteries !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV_CBLxIczc

Stay safe !

Regards, Stefan.
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum

profitis

yes the charged anode combusts on exposure to air,same as li-ion.today i was also experimenting with cells and created a unique battery system that takes in oxygen at the cathode and spits out oxygen at the anode.electrolyte remains unchanged.im monitoring power levels carefuly,so far 100microamp at 0.2volt/1mm2 area electrodes which is very promising because 1mm2 is tiny.i have to source larger material now.